GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats your biggest pet peeve with you MKV

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Hahahaha... It took me like 6 months to realize it... Take that white plastic cover off. It peels right off. Green line right up the middle right?

the cover peeled rite off & saved me a few $$$

thanks

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
;) You wait till you get it all dirty. Gonna wish that cover was on there again. Haha.

actually it's getting about that time to clean my interior & pedals

today would be good, loll

p.s. another pet peeve is to get a fast from vw, you had to by a gti in 06

i wish they would have kept the fast theme going into future model years

jwgti

Swirl Free
actually it's getting about that time to clean my interior & pedals

today would be good, loll

p.s. another pet peeve is to get a fast from vw, you had to by a gti in 06

i wish they would have kept the fast theme going into future model years

I received a fast from VW and I bought my car a year ago. Did you buy your car new?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I don't believe it would but I don't know the VW that well. I know with my Cobalt SS/Sc I can disconnect the battery and it will not interfere with my tune. Your car probably had to adjust the fuel tables and learn for a bit. I know when I change my tune on my car it takes a good 100 km to relearn the tune.

When chipping a VW do you flash the PCM? If so then it should not interfere with your tune. Correct me if I'm wrong, I have big shoulders and can take it. haha

Just my thoughts:biggrin:

Yes, the ECU is reflashed, so really it's a flash, not a chip. But everyone still calls it a chip.

From what I understand, disconnecting the battery won't permanently remove it, but say you have just APR 93 octane mode. Disconnecting the battery will put it into "APR stock" mode, which isn't a problem if you have the stock program and the 93 octane program, because you can flip programs using the cruise control features. However, if you just have the 93 octane, they didn't flash that capability into the ECU where you can switch it, so you'd have to go to your APR dealer to get it reflashed. I haven't actually tried it on my car, so I can't say.

Same thing goes with GIAC and Revo, and maybe Unitronics and Neuspeed.

With the Revo SPS+, you can switch programs with that, and then I believe you'd have to have the $150 flash loader for GIAC to do that.

I try to just leave the battery connected unless it's absolutely necessary to disconnect it.

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I received a fast from VW and I bought my car a year ago. Did you buy your car new?

no, i traded in my mk4 gti and got a mk5 with 7K miles on it
but all the 07 & 08 owners i know have not recieved a fast

i assume yours is an 07 model, lucky:clap:

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
no, i traded in my mk4 gti and got a mk5 with 7K miles on it
but all the 07 & 08 owners i know have not recieved a fast

i assume yours is an 07 model, lucky:clap:

2008 here - Got my fast.

Call VWoA and notify them. They will make sure one is scheduled to be shipped. 1800-DRIVE-VW be aware that they do take a few months.

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
^^ just gave them a call and they said i had already recieved my fast^^

NEGATIVE!!!
i may try calling later today and see if i can get a different person and result
if not it would be ashame because i was planning on getting the dash tray kit and letting fast sit there and have a view

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Yeah just call back and ask to see copies of the receivers signature. They probably don't have them. Just tell them straight out you never did. They are usually really good to deal with.

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
If u go with the stock program thing with APR and can switch back n forth, how exactly can u tell when its on stock and when its on 93 stage 1, i mean other then the seat of pants feel, does it give a blink or flash when its switched or what..also, reflashing is free at the dealer u got the flash done right? Going over there monday to get the APR DP installed with the software so they might as well reflash the whole system then add the exhaust software i guess.

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
If u go with the stock program thing with APR and can switch back n forth, how exactly can u tell when its on stock and when its on 93 stage 1, i mean other then the seat of pants feel, does it give a blink or flash when its switched or what..

when in doubt look at your boost gauge and read the peake boost
if all else fails try unplugging the battery<<< this will revert you back to the stock setting

when i had apr in my 1.8t i never could understand what program i was in by the check engine light blink

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
when in doubt look at your boost gauge and read the peake boost
if all else fails try unplugging the battery<<< this will revert you back to the stock setting

when i had apr in my 1.8t i never could understand what program i was in by the check engine light blink

Well sorry no boost gauge =( Its on my list but not for a few months.

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Well sorry no boost gauge =( Its on my list but not for a few months.

all the better if you ask me

gives you a chance to drive around and look for "stock" gti's for comparison
race them all till you get the 93 octane tune back online
you know you have it back when they make the WTF FACE>>>>>>:eyebulge:

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Indeed, well I spoke with the guy at the APR dealer that installed the flash that is also installing the DP, and he said that disconnecting the battery will not reset the flash, and they know their shit from what Ive seen so. I really think the only way to reset it is when the dealer goes in and fucks with ur ecu to flash an update or something.