GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit Vs. GTI

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
dpham00 said:
it's a 2.7t bi-turbo, but it's not offered anymore. it's the same bi-turbo that's on the older s4.

:drool: S4

For bi-turbos, is it one turbo just lined up after another.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
icculus said:
:drool: S4

For bi-turbos, is it one turbo just lined up after another.

it's one turbo per bank (v6 has two banks)

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
With the $ u would drop turboing that car, 4k or so for everything(possibly more, turbo kit, install, intercooler, beefing engine up some to handle it, exhaust), u could have EASILLY gotten the gti...

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Plyngntrffc said:
With the $ u would drop turboing that car, 4k or so for everything(possibly more, turbo kit, install, intercooler, beefing engine up some to handle it, exhaust), u could have EASILLY gotten the gti...

all that's gonna run you a lot more than 4k, at least for quality parts and installation, unless you can get huge discounts. just a k04 turbo kit for the 2.0t runs over 4k from apr. and that's for a car that's already turbocharged.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
The 2.0 FSI engine has a lot more performance engineering than just a turbo. It was designed from the beginning to be performance first. The 2.5l 5 cylinder engine was designed to be an economy engine. Lets start with the basics. The 2.0FSI has Direct fuel injection, balance shafts and other technology incorporated specifically for turbo operation. I can run the GTI at 6,000 RPMs all day long and it wont even break a sweat. Try that with the 2.5 engine and it sounds like it wants to blow itself apart. The 2.5 was made for economy where as the 2.0FSI was designed for power from the get go with the added benefit of economy. You could slap a turbo on a 2.5 but it wont be happy that you did. If this were true, then several aftermarket tuners would already have a kit out there. I dont see this being the case.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
If you can trust anyone about this topic it would have to be someone who has already taken a NA car and applied forced induction, like ALF or myself. I put a Greddy turbo kit on my last car, a 03 Celica GT-S. Lets just say bad idea! They all say bolt-on, no other mods needed. Well they were mistaken! 35K miles with a rod hanging out the side of the block. Professionally installed by a Greddy shop. Its my expirence to leave NA cars NA!!! They are not made to run boost, if you want a turbo car buy a factory turbo car. OR be ready to spend lots of $$$ on building a turbo ready short block.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Not worth the trouble IMHO.