GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattling under the car.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Today, the car started rattling around the muffler. It happens when I make some turns, brake, or close the hatch (so I think something's loose). I'm taking it to the dealer monday and hoping it shall be all good.

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
If they don't find another dealer. Hope its nothing serious. So far mine is dead quiet unless I open the sunroof; If I hit a substantial bump in the road it makes a faint noise.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
i hope it turns out to be a simple fix....

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
BWAHAHAHA... it was the spare tire.. Problem fixed in about .03 Seconds.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
its funny how all u guys post the smallest little thing about these cars. then u see everyone else who is spooked out of their minds about the car reading this like they'll find a HUGE problem:eyebulge: ...lol,,, relax guys,, relax

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
blackmkv said:
its funny how all u guys post the smallest little thing about these cars. then u see everyone else who is spooked out of their minds about the car reading this like they'll find a HUGE problem:eyebulge: ...lol,,, relax guys,, relax

My last VW blew up after 21 years :p.. I'm trying to make sure this one won't blow up after 3 days... OH! I got past the 350 Mile mark today :-D.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I see you put "RIP" after your Cabrio. You didn't give up on her did you?

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Bouston said:
I see you put "RIP" after your Cabrio. You didn't give up on her did you?

Had to, two VW experts said it was way beyond repair. My dad's picking up a 92 MK II Cabrio with power steering and windows. Beautiful condition too! I also have my GTI.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Whafrodamus said:
My last VW blew up after 21 years :p.. I'm trying to make sure this one won't blow up after 3 days... OH! I got past the 350 Mile mark today :-D.
if ur last vw blew up after 21 years what makes u think this one is going @ 3 days???

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
I have a tapping sound that is coming from the rear passanger side when i am at a stop. It is very strange because it does not happen all the time. i wonder if it might be the same thing? Any ideas?