GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Golf versus previous generations?

INForged

Ready to race!
I probably won't have a chance to test drive this car for a few weeks (but dying to). Can anyone who has driven this car and also previous generation Golfs please comment on how it compares? I've had plenty of time in an MKIV Golf and in the meantime I can use that experience to imagine what the MKV will feel like :D Thank you.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
it is fast and corners really well i took one out and the saleman took my thought some corners at a nice speed handle well i am getting my soon too so good luck I am getting the DSG black magic

bilbos

On the Kop
I used to have a MkIII which I thought was really good at the time (1999). It only had 115 BHP though so trying to compare to the MkV is difficult. The technology has changed so much (especially with the introduction of the DSG) that the MkV should probably be looked at as a standalone car rather than making comparisons to previous golfs. It is miles better.....you wait and see :wink:

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
natonicGTI06 said:
it is fast and corners really well i took one out and the saleman took my thought some corners at a nice speed handle well i am getting my soon too so good luck I am getting the DSG black magic

I'm sorry, but are you serious? :laughabove: Punctuation is your friend.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
marx92x said:

:laughabove: At first I thought the guy was from another country, and couldn't speak english very well. But then I scrolled up & saw his location. Maybe he was just really excited when he was typing :iono:

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
Handles sharper
better at the limits
slightly stiff ride on crap Pa roads.
better interior trim
absolutely sweet powertrain
slightly large nose because of European pedestrian safety (didn't Darwinism used to cover stuff like that???)

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I have had MKIII, MKIV and now MKV and so far Im still clinging to my MKIV but have a good feeling bout the MKV...im here so that has to say someat:thumbup: Did notice though it handles corners far better than the MKIV and akin to driving a Go Kart...let it slip, throttle on and it sticks:headbang:

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
marx92x said:

Sorry about that...................................................................................................................................................here you go to make up for all of the others...........................................:laughabove:

jamesK1

hi

I probably won't have a chance to test drive this car for a few weeks (but dying to). Can anyone who has driven this car and also previous generation Golfs please comment on how it compares? I've had plenty of time in an MKIV Golf and in the meantime I can use that experience to imagine what the MKV will feel like :D Thank you.
an old blast from the past.i love it!

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
I have a 2001 GTI VR6 and a 2006.5 GTI 2.0T. The MKIV is stock with the exception of a Magnaflow cat-back. The MKV is mildly modified. MKIV is a slug compared to the MKV. I would have thought the VR6 would be close to the butt dyno than it really is. But there is no comparison. I hate to admit it, but the VR6 is closer, in performance, to my modified 2.0 Jetta Trek, than it is to the MKV. My MKIV has some creature comforts. Like the auto dimming rearview mirror, heated leather seats, and stuff. But the interior is so much nicer. Like comparing a Chevrolet to a Cadillac.

kasper

the friendly ghost
Car(s)
08 cw gti
:laughabove: At first I thought the guy was from another country, and couldn't speak english very well. But then I scrolled up & saw his location. Maybe he was just really excited when he was typing :iono:

hahahha i did the same thing:laughabove:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
The mkv handles very much like my old focus which was light years ahead of the mkiv golf. There's something to be said for multilink rear suspensions vw the previous generations of golds. The interior on the mkv is also a step up from the mkiv, more audi like. Though an audi does have a higher quality touchy feely quality.