GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount on GTi's?

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
will do AJW, ill be sure to take some photos :)

Any news on your car? Seems like the extra few weeks in ordering the car makes months of difference in it arriving

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
ons at i met a guy who has had his car since may lat year freak, i thought we were one of the first getting ours in oct last year, the thing was though we have already done 16000k on it and he hasnt even done 15000k yet.

damm what a loss for ya 200sx man, you wont regret it though i tell ya.

SSS_Hoon

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
sublyme, how about some pics when you get your car?
I'm keen to see a black one with the beige leather. I ordered a black with anthracite leather. But I think they both look good, I just wasn't brave enough to go for the beige.
I saw Tony at Penrith yesterday, our car is still on line for June (6 months delivery) so fingers crossed.
Penrith have a black with sunroof and cloth in stock, a cancelled order. The guy couldn't get finance. I was there when they drove it in the showroom. the salesman (not Tony) drove up to the auto doors, when they opened he tried to drive in but hit the left guard on the door!
It has felt on it so I don't think it marked it, but I told Tony, whatever you do, do not put my car in the showroom.

krazibon3

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like tony is the man to talk too in penrith. I won't be ordering my car until June. Just want to make sure i have sufficient income first before i order it.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I'll definitely post some pics up for you guys, only reason why I chose beige was from looking at those black BMWs with beige interior :) That and the fact that having a black car is going to be really hot, and even hotter with the anthracite colour. If you want a sneak peak on what it looks like go onto vwvortex.com and look in the Aussie forum a few pages down, I remember seeing someone post pics of their black paint/beige leather.

Im glad you saw the one they hit in the showroom didn't have beige leather or I would be spewing right now! Hopefully mine is safe, rang Tony again today and hes going to definitely try and get my car ready by this Friday/Saturday so hopefully my finance application gets sorted in time.

krazibon3 - The sooner u order it the better considering the wait times haven't improved, but I guess its better to make sure you have the money. Just make sure you can come up with it within 8-9 months :)

krazibon3

Passed Driver's Ed
Sub - Yeh i was thinking of ordering this month but impulse buying is bad so i need time to think and do some more research as this is going to be my first major purchase for something. You'll probably hear my whining all through out the year while waiting for the car. =)

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Yeah I know what you mean, this is my biggest purchase as well so its pretty daunting with the debt and all. Im planning to keep this car for a long time so thats why I decided to buy a new car and had to make sure it was something I liked.

Theres always that black one at Penrith that was previously mentioned if it hasn't been snapped up already by the time you're ready.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah tony is ok we went through David at penrith he is also great, i would say mention us but it wouldnt do you any good prolly worse as we complain a fair bit about things that were wrong or missing.

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
sublyme - I see your getting Euro plates do you know if Penrith supply number plate surrounds?
I've got some perspex ones with a black border with thin black lines on my current car (small white ones called Premium White) that look good.
I haven't asked Penrith if they supply these yet.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Unsure about the plate surrounds, perhaps SSS_Hoon would be able to tell us since he got his from Penrith as well. But I should be able to confirm it for you once I get my car.

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
It might be worth checking with them because they have to drill holes in the plate & your front bumper to install them.
So if you want them latter you might have to drill your bumper again.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
so the holes on the on the no. plate surrounds dont line up with those on the actual number plates?

To be honest ive never really been a fan of number plate surrounds, though the perspex ones you mention look pretty good but theyre only available for the premium plates and yellow ones I think?

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
I have seen them for the Euro plates.

I don't think there are any holes, on the front at least.
I'm sure they have to screw them into the plastic bumper.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
when we got our car it had euro plates on it we took them off and got my gf personalised plates on it which are the slimline b/w ones, and there is no set holes in the plastic bumper for the plates so you have to screw them in yourself, and seeing as we already had euro plates and went to the slimline ones we now have to extra holes either side of our plates, which is were the euro plates went.

our euro plates came with plastic protectors which dont need any extra holes to be drilled, but seeing as we dont need them we took them off and i accidently broke them otherwise one fo you guys coulda had them.

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
SSS - did you trade a car in at Penrith when your G.F bought her GTI?