GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xbox 360 or ps3?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
^^ thats the most biased shit ever, u havent event played with one yet and u still judge it like its the shit.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i played my boys xbox ( the old one) online, and thought it was great. they even wired it up through the house they rented in college, and played halo. every person in his respective room, as they beat the crap out of each other.

after freeks post, i think i'm gonna go get the 360 tonight at best buy if its available.

thanks guys!!

btw - this is getting hooked up to a 65 inch mitso hdtv. now i read that the ps3 will support the 1020 resolution via HDMI 1.3. i don't believe the xbox 360 does. how does the 360 hook up to the tv? (with what cables? can i use hd cables? or no?)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
mre212 said:
the Question you should answer is, do you like to play online? If so, then the 360 is the way to go

playing online isnt a question anymore....as every next gen console will come with some online feature to play others over the internet

granted the 360 has the most fan base...but still online play wont be a factor as it was with the last generation of consoles

Bad hare said:
i played my boys xbox ( the old one) online, and thought it was great. they even wired it up through the house they rented in college, and played halo. every person in his respective room, as they beat the crap out of each other.

after freeks post, i think i'm gonna go get the 360 tonight at best buy if its available.

thanks guys!!

btw - this is getting hooked up to a 65 inch mitso hdtv. now i read that the ps3 will support the 1020 resolution via HDMI 1.3. i don't believe the xbox 360 does. how does the 360 hook up to the tv? (with what cables? can i use hd cables? or no?)

well thanx for reading it...im a huge gamer and a very big console fan...i own all current gen consoles(including handhelds) plus some older ones like SNES and NES

As for display capablities of the PS3...well the PS3 will support 480i,480p,720p,1080i,1080p...the latter being a non-native resolution from what i understand...meaning that in order for the PS3 to display 1080p it needs to upscale the 1080i image to the 1080p rez...but i wouldnt worry about that as most people will say video games run better on 720p

So that being said...if u have an HDTV(which u said u do) when u buy the 360 make sure u get the "premium" package...which is the one that comes with the HDD and headset and the rest of the stuff...in that box will include a set of cables that are both composite and component...u want to use the component cables to hook up the 360 to your HDTV

also the 360 will support 480i,480p,720p,1080i....720p being the 360's native resolution

there is a rumor going around that by the holiday season around the time the HD-DVD player comes out for the 360 that MS will release an HDMI cable so u can use HDMI to hook the 360 to the HDTV set

if i missed anything please let me know...ill try to help as much as i can

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
THANK YOU FREEK!!!

i went to best buy, bought the 360 premium package, and i could not be happier. i played fifa world cup for like 4 1/2 hours. picture was amazing, and that game only displays 480 resolution.

i'm gonna wait on a football game till madden 07 comes out in like 13 or 14 days. probably gonna get project gotham 3 too. any other titles you guys can suggest. not so big on role playing games. although hitman looks interesting.

can't wait till the ethernet cable @ my house is installed behind the tv. i'll be in the basement for days & turn into a troll!!! lol.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Boy oh boy. You went from not playing to often to expecting to turn into a troll:laugh:
Awesome! Glad you like it. You sure didn't waste any time buying one. Now get Xbox live and meet up with us (Freek, Alf, and myself). Actually, Freek would love someone to play Tiger Woods online with him. Not sure if you're into golf or not. But it's a great video game.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Waiting for the Wii.

Zelda is the greatest game series of all time.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Forza Motorsport 2 is gonna be the shat for the 360. It should be the first really great racing game on the 360. Until then it's Project Gotham all the way.

bilbos

On the Kop
Need for Speed Most Wanted is pretty good, although it is pissing me off big time at the moment as I am No.3 on the blacklist and keep getting busted by the cops:frown:

PGR3 was a good challenge also. I have just got Ridge Racer 6 but have not yet played it.

Ummmm, I see a pattern developing.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
kirk180 said:
Boy oh boy. You went from not playing to often to expecting to turn into a troll:laugh:
Awesome! Glad you like it. You sure didn't waste any time buying one. Now get Xbox live and meet up with us (Freek, Alf, and myself). Actually, Freek would love someone to play Tiger Woods online with him. Not sure if you're into golf or not. But it's a great video game.

yeah, i don't see myself leaving the house, outside of work. lol.

i am def picking up tiger woods.. i just need to learn how to play it, before i start playing you guys.

kirk, what other games do you play?

-- need for speed sounds good, too.

going to best buy again tonight. DMAN IT!! tiger woods and need for speed or pgr3 it is...