GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your Chipped MK5 0-60 Time

NilesR

Passed Driver's Ed
Im very interested in this, Why?
Because as all of you know when you chip your MKV GTI, Revo claims or APR claims at least 264-268 Break HP at 300-307T

My question is, has anyone had thier 0-60mph time down when chipped or thier 1/4th mile down

Please state you opinion if it would really makea huge difference or just a milli. second

And seeing that video on the forums of a DSG vs a 6SM, Ide love to know the DSG time.

Thanks,
Niles:thumbsup:

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
I also wan't to know.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
This is going to be a hot topic. I have seen a lot of people saying that they got their car chipped but they dont show any numbers. I guess they havent made it to the track yet (who would need a track for 0-60) lol.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
NilesR said:
somone please post any opinions?

+1... theres a good number of ppl here that already got there cars chipped, opinons please:rolleyes:

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
guess everyone lied no one has a chip......

If you do give us some numbers.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
GTI2007 said:
To my opinion it ain't simple to do a 0-60 time on your own. It ain't easy to accelerate from 0-60 and at the same time clock it
thats why people have friends. doesnt anyone know ?? I would like to know if its worth the money.:mad:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
ciacc said:
you guys wanna see a dyno sheet for an APR GTI and a Standard GTI, well check this out

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2492674&page=2

jus scroll down the page a little, you'll be bitterly disapointed.. Only a gain of 7KW of power

they were both manual cars too.

but the chipped one would still pull harder and be a faster car too drive that is fro sure, and i would like to guess low 5 sec 0-60 easily.

SSS_Hoon

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
Because this is a front wheel drive car 0-60 isnt gong to be its forte' b/c the car will spinn more then hook up. i would say the car is going to be around low 5 sec range after 60 is when the car will have a big difference.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
Someone posted a 14.x 1/4 mile w/slips @ Englishtown NJ on the vortex(chip only). No video yet that I know of.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
feuerdog said:
Someone posted a 14.x 1/4 mile w/slips @ Englishtown NJ on the vortex(chip only). No video yet that I know of.

Report back at 0600 with more intel soldier. Now move out!!:biggrin: