GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. MazdaSpeed 3

dvsdimsum

Go Kart Champion

NOW you can compare them...:tongue:

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
My wife just got a 3s grand touring. It's a thoroughly pleasant little car. My complaint with the 3 is I just don't like the hatch. I think it's the rear quarter window... reminds me of an 85 cougar...

As far as a comparison between the GTI and the Mazdaspeed 3 I'm sure the Mazda will smoke it. They need to get that motor from the S3 Audi in the GTI ASAP. Other than that, the GTI is a nicer car. It's more comfortable, and feels like a pricier car. But no one who gets the Mazdaspeed will have to apologize for it. It will be a nice car.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
BurntGauge said:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=upcomingMS3

Nice site, but they go back and forth between it being wild and not. The colors they are offering arent that great...only red and black look good but then again, it's only a website not real life.

They always do the colors in combos of 2 or 3.

For the Mazdaspeed Protege they offered Black or Orange in the first wave then Silver and Yellow I think and then Blue.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
It will be hard to not go test drive one of those. Too bad VW couldn't come up with a 2.3-2.5 liter turbo engine for us. That .3-.5 makes such a huge difference. I would have to agree though, the GTI is tops in class when it comes to quality feel, comfort, and just plain awesome everyday driving dynamics.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
^ lol about comfort. No matter what, I cannot get a comfortable seating position. The seatbelt chokes the heck out of my abdominal area. If you see me driving, whenever I come to a red light, I always twitch to get the seatbelt to loosen up.

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Im sure the mazda will be nice but i love german cars ill take a slower gti over a fast mazda any day and a mazda is just a ford

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Colombia28 said:
^^ all rong bro, the 3 is made in Yamaguchi, Japan at a facility called Hofu (sorry to ruin your ford theory)
Thank you:thumbsup: I'm sick of hearing that line about Ford.

lecrapper16

Ready to race!
Wantagti said:
It will be hard to not go test drive one of those. Too bad VW couldn't come up with a 2.3-2.5 liter turbo engine for us. That .3-.5 makes such a huge difference. I would have to agree though, the GTI is tops in class when it comes to quality feel, comfort, and just plain awesome everyday driving dynamics.

well, as weve seen with the S3, the 2.0t is more than capable of going up to at least 260hp, probably even more.

yeah, the mazda's gonna suck, it's just a Ford!!1!!!11oneone

I mean look at all those Lincolns, Jags, Volvos, Land Rovers, and Aston Martins, they all suck right?... RIGHT!?

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The S3 has a different block, turbo, rods, and pistons. Imagine that thing with a real software program. I'll probably test drive one, and I'm sure the ride will make me sick as every small Mazda has that I've driven. Everyone's different, like the guy who can't get comfortable in his GTI. Now if I can figure out how to get them to warranty replace my engine with that S3 by accident............

Wantagti said:
The S3 has a different block, turbo, rods, and pistons. Imagine that thing with a real software program. I'll probably test drive one, and I'm sure the ride will make me sick as every small Mazda has that I've driven. Everyone's different, like the guy who can't get comfortable in his GTI. Now if I can figure out how to get them to warranty replace my engine with that S3 by accident............

I think that's when some kind or bribery is necessary.