GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on R32

I finally got to take the R32 for a test drive this afternoon. It was a 5 door model with DSG. It had done 188km's and had averaged 16.8l/100km :p

Overall, I was very impressed with the acceleration, handling and in particular the note from the exhaust.
One thing that I did notice though, was that the front of the car definately felt heavier when steering through turns (my GTI feels particularly lighter on the same roads).

I was wondering if anyone else has driven one, and their thoughts on the car overall??

gjbello

Ready to race!
I've not test-driven one, but have seen it in at a VW dealer and on the road just the once. It looks amazing and sounds awesome! I would definitely consider replacing my GTI for an R32 (if price wasn't an issue), but I adore my GTI too much :bow:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i would prefer the gti over the r32 from what i have seen.

the new s3 is a awesome looking car

SSS_Hoon

L

lasledz

I saw the R32 on display at the Melbourne airport. Looks nice and figures are impressive. That includes petrol consumption and price though. I'd only ever get the 5 door for practicality reasons and the DSG so that would put it close to 65k with on roads and delivery. About $20,000 more than my GTI. Probably not worth the extra cash considering how good a bargin the GTI is.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah not worth the cash i reckon.

i read on the tex that someone seen one on the dyno and it only had 120kw at all 4 wheels less then the GTI's have.

SSS_Hoon

L

lasledz

Hey Kirium,

Just looking at your sig. I saw a GTI with the same specs as yours (candy white, manual, cloth, sunroof) parked at Russell Defence Offices yesterday (Saturday). ACT plates. Was that your GTI???

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Yup :thumbsup:

There's another CW that's at Russell too. But it wasn't there yesterday. It doesn't have sunroof or bi-xenons either.

Do you work at Russell or were you just lost on the weekend?? :laugh:

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
I work over that way as well. Possibly even the same place you do. There was also a black Mk 4 GTI in the same carpark on the weekend. I've seen a TR Mk 5 GTI over that way as well before.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Sledz said:
I work over that way as well. Possibly even the same place you do. There was also a black Mk 4 GTI in the same carpark on the weekend. I've seen a TR Mk 5 GTI over that way as well before.

I saw the BM MkIV GTI too. I used the have an identical MkIV GTI too. You might have seen that one also...

Welcome to the forums BTW. What specs have you ordered for your GTI? Are you getting it from L****k???

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
I just changed my login. Couldn't seem to do it in the control panel :iono:

I think I put up specs before.

CW, DSG & Bi-Xenons.

How do you find the Bi-Xenon's btw?

In regards to the locals LMAO no chance, I went to a dealer in Sydney.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Sledz said:
In regards to the locals LMAO no chance, I went to a dealer in Sydney.

Good choice... :wink: :biggrin:

Bi-xenons are brilliant. Worth every cent. Like night and day compared to the halogens on my old MkIV GTI and now I don't think I could ever buy a car without them again...

Edit: are lasledz and Sledz one and the same?? It just clicked with me... :laugh: It's been a long day...

You probably could have PM'd JJ-R32 and asked him to change your username.