GOLFMKV

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourselves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
bondstreet said:
SUPER SITE! March 14th I get my black on black,Package 2,18's,DSG & monster mats!

Awesome! Make sure to showcase it in the MyGolf garage feature :thumbsup:

Glad to see more and more new members.. welcome everyone!

Flt93

Passed Driver's Ed
motorjon68 said:
I just saw the new GTI on the road yesterday. I didn't even have it on my radar. I have owned 6 watercooled VWs through the years. I was so excited yesterday that I went and drove a white one today. I have motorcycles but may sell my sportbike for $ for a downpayment. I'm building a house so I want to see how much that costs before I do anything else. For now, you should all pity me while I drive my Taurus. :frown:

Hah same here really. Saw it while I was out driving last week, did some research on it and now I'm planning to trade in for one.

cdekas

gti

g'day everybody out there in VW land i must say the new gti golf is an awsome car i get to drive these cars as i work for a VW dealer the dsg is the pick of the bunch.the new jetta is a nice car even if it is a golf with a boot.:evil: :evil:

INForged

Ready to race!
:clap: All the hard work has paid off JJ. This site looks like its becoming more and more active.

tomcat

Just a short note.

First car - Ford Laser 1.5
second - Suzuki Swift 1.6
third - Mazda 323 1.5
forth - Toyota Corolla
fifth - Ford Laser
sixth - Honda Accord
seventh - VW Passat
Eighth - MK V GTi

Am also on the other site in Sinagpore where I reside.

WWW.Vagsg.com

Cheers

hotshoe32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 UG GTI
Greetings all... just joined up. A lot of useful info on this site. I'm ordering my United Grey GTI manual in April and i'm climbing up the walls with excitement. Why wait?... well I'm going on a ginormous 2 week trip in March to Ireland and then on a cruise of the caribbean so I'm minding my pennies for that right now. I'm also a recent convert... as of a week ago I was 98% sure I was getting a Civic Si, but I test drove the GTI last Saturday and the interior and awesome torque won me over. I look forward to talking to you all.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Just signed up today -- am looking to get a GTI somewhere around the end of the year or beginning of next year. Also considering a WRX hatch and a Civic Si, but the GTI is definitely the leader of my short list.

Currently driving a 2000 VW Passat GLS 4MOTION; also a member of the 'Tex and Club B5/Passatworld. Feel free to check out my car by clicking on my username (just above the caduceus and anchor) and selecting to view my "homepage", or by clicking on "My B5" below. :smile:

Cheers,

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
Introduction to CopperAddict

Good morning.

I don't have a GTI V yet. Emphasize the YET.

Currently I drive a '01 Honda Insight, only for the mileage as I drive about 25k/yr for my job.

Here's my list of past VW's or Audi's just to let you all know what kind of past vehicles I have had in the family -

1st - '93 VW Corrado SLC 5 spd(Dk. Purple)
2nd - '99 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L 5spd (Tornado Red) - wife's
3rd - '84 Audi 4000S 5 spd FWD
4th - '93 VW Corrado SLC 5 spd (Silver)
5th - '93 VW Corrado SLC 5spd (Red)
6th - '92 Audi 100S 5 spd (Silver)
7th - '01 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro Sport 5 spd (Silver) - wife's
8th - '95 VW Passat GLX 5 spd (Blue)
9th - '03 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro Avant Sport (Silver) - wife's
10th - '96 VW Passat GLS TDI 5spd (White)

I am now contemplating replacing the Insight with a new GTI V. Probably going with the Package 2, and 17" with the All-Season tires if I can find them. Color wise I could go White, Silver, or the Gray. Leaning towards DSG, because I like the paddle shifting idea, and it would be easier as much as I travel.

Pete

Last edited:

dorus

Hi . Just got my self a GOLF V FSI 1.6 ..and found this forum teehehe

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
CopperAddict said:
Probably going with the Package 2, and 17" with the All-Season tires if I can find them.
Howdy, Pete. Two comments:
- given that you're in central IL, you may be better off mounting winter tires on the OEM rims and get an aftermarket set of rims with summer tires on them -- I'm not sure how much snow you get every year, but it may overwhelm all-seaon tires. At least, that's what I'm planning for my setup, and I'm roughly at the same latitude as you (DC area);
- either way, if the dealer can't get you tires you want, maybe they'll let you drop-ship tires from Tire Rack or Tires.com and take a few bucks off the price of your car.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.