GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurojet vs. AWE Turboback

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Okay, so the title pretty much asks the question. I don't want to turn this into a flaming or putting down the other system thread like some threads turn out to be so please be on topic so the Mods don't close it down. I'm just having a tough time deciding on which to get. I've read up and searched threads regarding each system and they each have pro's and con's. I'm hoping posting this will answer some remaining questions I have and sway me in a certain direction. I'm planning on going with a GIAC chip shortly after this TBE. My question would be which you chose and why? Not just because you wanted it, but real reasons why with your choice. Price, sound, look, function, brand loyalty, etc. What got you on board in the end with your choice. TIA! :thumbup:

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
I have the Eurojet TBE resonated, and absouletly LOVE it! Great sound, and great quality. After getting it installed my radio was off for almost 2 weeks!

I have also seen and heard the AWE in person. Also has a great sound, seems to sound like mine but a bit more quiet. And the tips are beautiful.

I went with EJ cause I have the R rear, also I don't mind the extra volume and the EJ is a bit less pricey.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
this is more of a 2.5" vs 3" because both are pretty damn nice exhaust. I'd probably go with AWE just because you plan on using GIAC and they tune/test using the same chip to design their exhaust.

B

BLKSUNSHINE

I've had the awe TB on my car.. I then sold it and replaced it with a EJ Turboback, Resonated! Best thing I ever did! So I've been threw 2 exhausts.. and winner is EJ my opinion.. I have no rattles, fitment was excellent and the quality was second to none. If you call www.eurojetracing.com.. Speak with Joel and tell him kevin sent you.

Enjoy!

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I think it depends on what you want. awe does tune specifically with giac, so that might be important to you. it would be to me. also, maybe blksunshine can speak more to the differences he noticed between the two.
i have awe and really like it. top quality, perfect fit, smooth, strong sound that's not overbearing and no drone. i'm sure ej has the same qualities but i'm pretty sure it's also a louder exhaust if that's what you want.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Well, in all fairness, AWE makes very nice products. But, I am a bit biased and happened to notice this thread before they did.

We'll definitely help you out.

I love it! I would have gone EJ if i did not get a killer deal on the AWE downpipe, guy threw in the boost gauge as well, couldnt pass it up. However, you guys are coming out with a BT kit... That may warrant a change from 2.5" to 3", correct?

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Full Disclosure:
Good buds with Joel and Johnny.

Given that, I run the EJ unit. Had the DP with a Milltek Catback originally. Swapped to the full EJ unit just due to the damn nice quality and the personal service the boys offer. Truly a great great product. My wife drives the car 90% of the time with our two young kids in it. No noise complaints, but when you want to really rev it up and actually hear the exhaust it is there. Just so sexy. Even with DSG's rapid shifts it still offers a little burble at shifts.

Oh, and the AWE stuff is also very high quality. If you haven't yet you have to listen to/watch their clip of there straight pipes for the Carrera GT. Pure S-E-X

wale

Go Kart Champion
they are both awsome products.... if u plan to keep the stock turbo, or if u wana go k04, then the awe's 2.5 is about right for that application, but if u want to go bigger turbo, then eurojet will be a better pick....
but that doesnt mean i wouldnt go eurojet even with stock turbo, in fact, ej is even cheaper, and that's most likely what i will get..

crabpot

Awesomesauce
I like my Eurojet resonated too. The perfect amount of sound IMO, not too quiet but not obnoxiously loud either. Has a great burble with the DSG shifts too.

Big :thumbup: for Eurojet.