GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Current US Incentives?

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
There seems to be some confusion and I am hoping some here can provide answers for me.

Here: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/vol...incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=94306&state=CA

it seems there is only the $500 loyalty rebate available.

However, as in this thread (page 4), there is a link provided by earthtoandy that mentioned a $1000 factory to dealer incentive. Yet today, I check the same page and there isn't the $1000 factory to dealer incentive listed.

So, what is the deal with the $1000 incentive? Did it expire a couple days ago? Did edmunds have something wrong?

Anything is helpful. Thank you for the advice.

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
Forgot if it was here or on Vortex, but someone wrote edmunds saying they screwed up and put the $1k incentive on the MkV, when it was only supposed to go on the MkIV GTI. So, it looks like they corrected it.

Makes sense as VW is trying to get rid of the MkIV's since they're just piling up at the dealerships.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
However...If you have a Browns VW dealership, the automatically reduce the MSRP by 1K for their own prices...so some dealerships are doing 1 grand off automatically

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
LivEToDrivE said:
However...If you have a Browns VW dealership, the automatically reduce the MSRP by 1K for their own prices...so some dealerships are doing 1 grand off automatically

"Browns VW is that the name of the place?" I think the invoice number is the one most people should focus on... 1000 under MSRP would be $20,990, I started negotiations with the invoice price of $20,240 and worked from there.