GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sign in here - what are you planning on ordering or have already ordered??

swami

Go Kart Newbie
I have my mind made up on a reflex silver, dsg, package 2, 18's. I'm really torn between the silver and candy white. My current car is silver and I'd like something different, but the silver is so easy to keep clean.

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
Set on Candy White and 18 inch wheels. Undecided on transmission and which package yet. Have to test drive to decide if I want DSG or not and package is gonna come down to what I can afford or not :)

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
swami said:
I have my mind made up on a reflex silver, dsg, package 2, 18's. I'm really torn between the silver and candy white. My current car is silver and I'd like something different, but the silver is so easy to keep clean.

Silver is ez to keep clean but kinda played out. Candy white will stand out and look hot but not in a obnoxius way.

ChalkyWhite said:
I've had mine since May05 now (after a 16 week wait having ordered at end of Jan last year), and can give a short account.

Received my bottle of top-up oil in leatherette bag, and bottle-opener on day one. See pics in my signature.

Thought one tyre valve was faulty after 2 weeks, turned out to be a nail right in the middle of the tread. VAG dealer fixed it for free! :biggrin:

Backed into neighbours car after 3 weeks, whilst being distracted. Cost £180 GBP. Local Chipsaway franchise did a gr8 job - you'd never know! :eek:

Wobby gear take-up in low gears reported to dealer. He says it's normal for mk4 and mk5 (never had a VW before). At low revs, whilst pulling away the power delivery isn't smooth as i'd expect. You can actually hear a warbling noise, but nothing metallic sounding, so not serious I supose, thought i'd get it checked out though!

Rear wiper was playing up for a number of weeks, the dealer told me to make sure the hatch was shut firmly. I now have the knack of yanking the hatch down using the inside handle.

My mother's wheelchair took small gouges out of the boot lining one day, so need some sort of polish for interior plastic, to bring the darker colour back.

Carted 13 council paving slabs down to my in-laws last weekend. Phew was I nervous about damaging the boot even more! At the end of the day, with my wife driving a two-seater MG, the Golf has to be the work-horse of the household.

Now (after 7k miles) have the brakes making a bit of noise when braking gently at low speed, similar to when you apply the brakes after washing the car and the discs have got a little surface rust - but this is all the time. Might take the car back to the "stealer" for another check.

When you pay so much for new, you want it A1, yes?

Other than all that, absolutely love it. The ESP is fun to test on roundabouts, I don't turn it off very much at all, as it let's you have a certain amount of fun! :clap: The front-end looks still bring a smile to my face, and the interior is the best of any car of the price-range I've been in. The seats (i have cloth) are extremely supportive, but make sure you get them Scotch-guarded (or similar) as I need to get some chocolate out of mine now!

Still not many around on Berkshire (England) roads, so still getting plenty of looks, and had people at petrol stations asking me about the car.

First mod I'd make is a fruitier exhaust, but only when the existing one wears out. Then an Ipod adapter probably.

As McDonalds say "I'm luvin' it" :w00t:

Hi ChalkyWhite,

Sounds like you have a few niggles with your GTI, I completely agree you want it A1 and I would just keep taking it back to your dealer - don't let them fob you off!

I got them to throw in a boot liner in the deal, sound like you could do with one:wink: You can get a ridgid one for about £135 or a flexible one for around £35........ guess which one they have thrown into the deal:laugh: I'll let you know what its like.

As for the wobbly gears, the first one I test drove was terrible - when I took it back after burning some serious rubber:laugh: my main dealer said yes it was faulty, they had a customer complain of the problem and ordered a replacement shifter - this was on a long leadtime so they exchanged it with the one in the demonstrator which solved the problem. The demonstrator was still awaiting the part.

When I went back to order mine I drove the demonstrator again and it had definately been fixed so if this is the same problem as your having go and give them some hassle!

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

ChalkyWhite

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone got any pics of the bootliner please? I've damaged the inside of the bottom of the hatch (bit below the parcel shelf) and now the sides right at the bottom corners by the door seal. Not sure the boot liner will cover over those bits, but defo interested if it hides the scuffs and prevents more.

Thanks "Dirty".

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
OK Where do I start:

2007 Tornado Red GTI
- 6 speed
- leather seats
- sunroof
- Ipod Integration

- Rieger front lip
- Rieger "infinity" M3 side skirts
- Rieger rear bumper with dual ehaust cutouts
- Milltek Dual turbo-back exhaust
- Revo ECU Tuning
- 19" Neuspeed Wheels with either 225 or 235 /35/19 tires
- Carbonio Intake
- Tinted Windows
- Either Suspension Cup Kit or Coilovers

Well this is what I'd like to do, but only time and reality will tell!

illyun

Ready to race!
Kept my options down to a minimum because I am paying in cash - ouch... also because I want a 3-door rather than a 5-door, I want manual over DSG and want to see what the cloth seats are like before I get leather - yes I pla to order another in 2007 - the Anniversary Edition ;) - which I am sure will come out. If not, then I will still order another but with more goodies!

drunkenmaster

Passed Driver's Ed
illyun said:
Kept my options down to a minimum because I am paying in cash - ouch... also because I want a 3-door rather than a 5-door, I want manual over DSG and want to see what the cloth seats are like before I get leather - yes I pla to order another in 2007 - the Anniversary Edition ;) - which I am sure will come out. If not, then I will still order another but with more goodies!

2 MK5 GTI's! :bow: :bow: What's gonna be special about the anniversary edition you think?

illyun

Ready to race!
2 Mk5 GTIs!!!

:eyebulge: no i'm not that rich - i will part-ex my first one plus the anniversary mk4 model is a very special car - i'll explain in my next post

joffangti

Passed Driver's Ed
Received my Tornado Red Mk 5 GTI December 14th,no real problems apart from ripping the oil level sensor and Lambda sensor out driving over a branch,had all the damage fixed free as the head techie said he thought the wiring was too low,one to watch out for guys n gal's.
If they do bring out an Anniversary Edition I might trade in for it,have to look at it first.
The Mk 4 looked awesome so the Mk 5 should be fantastic:thumbsup:

Omega

I had a Mk2 GTI before my kids arrived, but had to sell it when my first daughter was born for something more family orientated. It was my pride and joy :wub: and I nearly cried when it went. Bought a BMW 3 series, then a Jeep Cherokee. Decided to test drive the Mk5 after hearing all the hype about it and that was me hooked again :thumbup:

Ordered mine two weeks ago and was told it should take about 14 weeks; hopefully it should arrive in mid April. Don’t know what everyone else was like over the waiting period, but I'm checking out every image I can find on it and have driven past the dealers three times to check out the demo model on show. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas, lol :laugh:

Ordered - Golf Mk5 GTi 2.0T FSI Tornado Red with Anthracite Vienna leather upholstery, 18" Monza alloy wheels, Luxury pack 2, Electric Sunroof, side rear airbags and Telephone Prep.

ChalkyWhite said:
Anyone got any pics of the bootliner please? I've damaged the inside of the bottom of the hatch (bit below the parcel shelf) and now the sides right at the bottom corners by the door seal. Not sure the boot liner will cover over those bits, but defo interested if it hides the scuffs and prevents more.

Thanks "Dirty".

No worries, the dealers have pictures and dimensions of the boot liners available:wink: