GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my first vw gti mkv pics

jb3467

Drag Race Newbie
hey guys newbie here.....i traded in my 05 g35 for this car because i totally fell in love with it....of course i did the trade with money back and its all going back into this ride....i love it!! here are a few pics.....rims and suspension will be added by next week :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,766
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 1,741
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,764

GTI689

Oval Champion
Congrats i like the white what kind of rims are you planning to get?

jb3467

Drag Race Newbie
thank you....its my first VW and i have to say its been fun driving it.....the rims i bought are TSW-Thruxtons....its a new rim and it looks nice, 18x8 on 225's....i just hope the H&R coilovers are not super stiff....i've had coilovers b4 on other cars and they do tend to be a stiffer ride.

Attachments

• thruxton_front.jpg
    thruxton_front.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,617

jb3467

Drag Race Newbie
besides the H&R coilovers and the rims i am def getting the apr chip....iver heard insane things about it...i would like a full exhaust setup and i think there is room to play with the turbo but i have to read up on it some more....ive never had a turbo charged car....my last project car was a honda civc with a jdm type r swap and it was all motor and i would not even think about a turbo with such a high compressed engine like that type r was dishing out......any advice or ideas from anyone?? im open to hear it...thanks.

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Congrats!!loos like we r planing to do the same stuff, wheels, suspension n chip:thumbsup: im goin to get the r32 tail light n hopefully the bbs rg-r is coim as well:biggrin: definitely post some more pix when its done

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Nice! I see that white GTIs are very popular in this US...

BTW, do you feel that the GTI is slow compared to the G35, not from a stand but from say 40 mph?

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
She's a beauty. I've never liked white cars until now.

jb3467

Drag Race Newbie
the funny thing is that the GTI is not a light car and only maybe a few 100 pounds diff from the g35 yet it feels so much lighter.....as far as torque the g35 was a beast at around 4800rpms....thats when it kicked in at its peek which was about 270 i think......the g35 was nice but it was pretty expensive to modify...rims were above 2k for 19" staggards and jdm body kits or anything from japan was way too much......so i decided to go smaller and im happy with this choice.:headbang:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
jb3467 said:
the funny thing is that the GTI is not a light car and only maybe a few 100 pounds diff from the g35 yet it feels so much lighter.....as far as torque the g35 was a beast at around 4800rpms....thats when it kicked in at its peek which was about 270 i think......the g35 was nice but it was pretty expensive to modify...rims were above 2k for 19" staggards and jdm body kits or anything from japan was way too much......so i decided to go smaller and im happy with this choice.:headbang:

yep thats the beauty of the GTI, small, practical and agile and VERY stable at high speeds... Enjoy your choice :clap: