GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XM vs. Sirius

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Ok, i'm going to go put in an order for the car soon and i'm going to try out sat-radio for once in my life :) :) But I really don't know much about the two beyond their advertising and that howard is on sirius (nice bonus :). Anyone have one or the other and can recommend it or bash on it ? Any advice is much appreciated!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
:iono: gm vs. ford...

i guess its personal preference, ive had both and i preferred xm.. i liked their stations.. also i think it depends on what your music preferences are. My bro and i are into techno - he likes sirius and i like xm.

you'll love the car whichever service you have :thumbup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Sports is a huge differance too. I sell both at work so I can actually tell you that's the main differance for most people.
Sirius: Howard Stern, NFL,NHL, NBA, Big12, Nascar next year, Marthat Stewert, Cosmo, Slim Shaddy and more.....
XM: IRL, MLB, Big10, NHL, Nascar for this year, Ellen, Snoop, World Cup soccer, Tennis, and more.....

The recepion seems to be with Sirius, I see this in our bay when we do the installs. I have had XM for over a year and I like it.....but I like music not too much of a sports guy unless it's racing.

BillyInLasVegas

Passed Driver's Ed
Another difference is that on the music stations Sirius has live DJ's ad XM doesn't.
I have Sirius but only for Howard Stern, if it wasn't for him don't know who I would have chosen.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Um xm has live DJ's. Just not all the time. I don't want to listen to a DJ anyway because I have sat for the music.

AAAHH! Love you guys! I too love Techno. Been obsessed for over 10 years now! I like Sirius, but that's only because it came with the car. I listen to the Christian Rock and "The Beat" Channel 67 on Sirius. The Beat is awesome. I just had to add that I too love techno on this thread.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah it is definately up to the individual. Everyones tastes are differant..

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
DO NOT GO TO XM, IT IS HAVING MAJOR FINNANCIAL PROBLEMS, AND LOST A LOT OF ITS PROGRAMING LIKE NASCAR. ALSO THEY ARE GOIN TO START HAVIN COMMERCIALS CAUSE OF CLEARCHANNEL. THEY NOW OWN 20% OF THE STOCK FOR THAT COMPANY

GO TO SIRIUS

Last edited:

BillyInLasVegas

Passed Driver's Ed
atomoverride said:
xm = 3 satelites

sirus = finaly got a 2nd one.

Ok, this part is pure ignorance, SIRIUS has always had 3 satellites in orbit and a large network of repeater stations, and unlike XM they have backup satellites ready to launch in case something should happen to one of the satellites in orbit.

Also SIRIUS is still commercial free unlike XM and you can listen to SIRIUS online without having to pay extra like XM.

And if you doubt any of this info go to their website and download their annual report. I'm a stockholder so I have a copy of it in my hands.

Go with SIRIUS.