GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight washer

JDK16v

Ready to race!
I have a 2006 2.0T GTI. Is there a certain way to operate the headlight washer, or don't I not have one. Its a PKg 1 GTI.

errorini

Oval Newbie
With your headlights on, pull the wiper lever towards you as if you were going to spray your windshield. Tada.

gunnipanik

Oval Champion
It's a cool party trick to mess with your friends .. about all that it's good for. The fact that it sprays all over your hood and on the front sides of your car and pretty much stains if you don't take it off is just idiotic. Didn't they test this thing at _all_ ?

Would prefer the somewhat-hundred bucks this costs would be taken from the price tag or put to use elsewhere in the car. Or are they maybe complying with some regulations?
meh

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
gunnipanik said:
...Or are they maybe complying with some regulations?
meh

well from what i understand...headlight washers are required by law in the UK for any car with HID headlights...so im guessing when they decided to bring over the GTI they just didnt change that part out

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i heard that they are deleting the headlight washers for the '07 models...so i guess VWoA also thought they were kinda pointless here also, but i bet the price tag won't go down :thumbdown:

.:B

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
07 GTI
I heard the fluid is specially made by VW, so is the dealership the only place I can buy refills?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
_bT23 said:
I heard the fluid is specially made by VW, so is the dealership the only place I can buy refills?

god help us if VW forces people to buy their blue washer fluid too...

nah, you can buy the dollar stuff that you find in a hardware store

Accel

Rally Car Champion
In the instance that they are made for, and that you would use them in, your car would be covered in mud/slush/dirt, so a little washer fluid on you hood wouldnt matter.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Another thing, the headlight washers only happen every 5th pull of the stick too.