GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Chip

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
they are all different prices or no??? can i have the programming for the window up/sunroof open thingy too wile i am there or is that something different?
Listed at the bottom of this page shows the additional cost of the other options: http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

And I believe the sunroof stuff deals with VagCom, which is totally different (but it's possible an APR dealer might have a VagCom setup at their shop).

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed
Also check out Revo www.revotechnik.com

I have them on my MKIV and love it. I personally prefer Revo as they deliver more power... 262 hp and 303 tq. Any of the big three will put a big :biggrin: on your face.....Revo, APR, or GIAC. This is a must for all VW turbo owners. Instant power for nothing more than reprogramming your stock ECU settings to increase boost, timing, and fuel delivery.

I will be getting Revo in a few months if I can hold out that long. I want to break the car in and get used to driving it first but we'll see how long that philosphy lasts.

ciacc

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
you guys are yet to talk about the extra wear this mod has to engine, i spoke to a VW technician of 9 years and he said that its a great mod, but drastically reduces the life span of the turbo and the engine, he suggested a great exhaust system and cold air induction as the best mods. gains of 35 hp can be achieved

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
ciacc said:
you guys are yet to talk about the extra wear this mod has to engine, i spoke to a VW technician of 9 years and he said that its a great mod, but drastically reduces the life span of the turbo and the engine, he suggested a great exhaust system and cold air induction as the best mods. gains of 35 hp can be achieved

I feel that when ever you modify the performance of a car it shortens the lifespan of the car. However I want to have fun with my car, so if that shortens the life of the car so be it. I don't plan on keeping the car for the next 30 years anyways. If it makes it, that's fine. If not, I'll move on to something else. Besides what if all you did was baby the car, and wrecked it a month or year later? Wouldn't you regret not exploring the possibilities & limits of the car? I would.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I think the trick is to do all the pieces (chip, intake exhaust, brakes, wheels, tell me when to stop). I am going to do wheels an brakes first, the intake and exhaust and finally the chip. I plan to do it in this order because simply adding a bunch of power will take away from the refinement of the car as a system.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
ciacc said:
also without a modified ecu in these turbo engines, dont even bother going to the track or even running your car with anyone out there now a days. you'll be embarassed

maperry123

Ready to race!
Free ECU Upgrade!!!

Get your car chipped now. APR will be releasing their exhaust soon and they offer a free stage II upgrade when you buy the exhaust. I was going to get the Milltek turbo back but this offer is too good to pass up.

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
maperry123 said:
Get your car chipped now. APR will be releasing their exhaust soon and they offer a free stage II upgrade when you buy the exhaust. I was going to get the Milltek turbo back but this offer is too good to pass up.

OMG! im gonna try and go get the remap this coming tuesday. cant wait!

and do u know how much more power the stage 2 upgrade will give u and what the exhaust looks like? like if its split or on one side?

maperry123

Ready to race!
NO pics of the exhaust yet because its not out. all i know is that it is a 3" turbo back. The gains in HP and torque haven't been posted yet. Keep checking with goapr.com

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
maperry123 said:
NO pics of the exhaust yet because its not out. all i know is that it is a 3" turbo back. The gains in HP and torque haven't been posted yet. Keep checking with goapr.com

kkk. thanks man.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
i was looking on the apr website as to get a clue on how to order it. I found everything alright, but im confused on this one issue, do you have to buy the stock and chipped program with the chip, or do they come with it?

maperry123

Ready to race!
To get the chip it is $599. So if you just want one program it will be that much plus labor costs. For 2 programs it is an additional $149. so this means you will probably get stock and either 91 or 93 octane programs. On my chip I have stock and 93 octane programs. I also have security lockout. so it was 599(chip)+149(2 programs)+59(security lockout)+65(labor costs). Grand total = 872