GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Front License Plate Bracket

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
Sure, glad to help somebody out.:thumbsup:

I even hear of people using zip ties, but it seems as though it would block more air from getting through the grill. Whereas this mod keeps the plates out 1.5 inches, so more air can get in.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I just realized that my DIY is the exact same only the plate is my liscense plate. I will say that my plate has not touched my bumper and has held up great. I even took it through a car wash to see what would happen. It is completely fine. I also have my about as close as that guys. Oh and I have rubber washers to protect the black grill.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Just zip tie your plate to the hexagonal part below the VW logo. That is what I did :D

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
dont think i could do that here but its ok ive been riding with no front plate for about a good 2 weeks now but havent gone down to LA area which i would probably get stopped for that just trying to get off the stupid front mount thats all.

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I HATE HAVING HOLES IN MY BUMPER, but I hate having to use my front license plate in cali even more.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
That's pretty crude. My dealer used black zip ties through the bottom of the honeycomb.

thebio

Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
Owned my GTI for 6 months and have not put the front plate on yet. I did get a $60 ticket, but it looks much better with out it on there and worth the price! I need to move to a state that does not require front tags!

phokim

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this exact thing on my GTI and it works great - though getting that lower middle grill off seemed to be impossible; I worked around that issue.

hillstrubl

Out driving Mieke...
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf GTI SE
I wish I had found this thread before Friday of last week when the Dealer's drill hit my front bumper...