RJS5689 said:
Hey Marc, I'll let ya know on wednesday how everything goes with it:biggrin:

cool cool... with pics please

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
johnjm said:
Shaun, tap the illumination from the Climate Control. Its the orange wire.

I know cos when I installed my bluetooth I noticed it there (had to tap the ignition). Other than that we dont need the CANBUS mainly cos we dont have the steering wheel controls, unless the Pioneer has built in diagnostic software (that would be cool ;) ).

BTW, whats up with the VW Club, its down or something...

John

Thanks for that John!

They are busy moving the site to a local host, should be much quicker than before.

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
what does the illumination do?

also, with the ability to watch DVDs as you are driving along, i believe that most systems run a cable attached to the handbrake....might be the e-brake according the Need For Speed for you guys in the US. just dont connect that cable up and it would be fine.

AlainLeon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
A18_RYU said:
what does the illumination do?

also, with the ability to watch DVDs as you are driving along, i believe that most systems run a cable attached to the handbrake....might be the e-brake according the Need For Speed for you guys in the US. just dont connect that cable up and it would be fine.

whats all this talk about illumination? illumination of what??? im lost

AlainLeon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Rabbit222 said:
Pioneer has indeed got a CAN BUS adapter that will allow functioning of the steering wheel controls...Here's the part no: CA-R-PI.221 This part will work steering wheel controls (Speed Pulse, Reverse, Ignition, Ilumination etc.)

what are you talking about when u said "speed pulse, reverse, ignition, etc"....what does that have anything to do with the wheel controlling the tracks and the volume, and the mute? i want to have a really good understanding of this thing before i go out and get it....also, will it work with ANY pioneer head unit? (new ones):iono:

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
AlainLeon said:
Rabbit222 said:
Pioneer has indeed got a CAN BUS adapter that will allow functioning of the steering wheel controls...Here's the part no: CA-R-PI.221 This part will work steering wheel controls (Speed Pulse, Reverse, Ignition, Ilumination etc.)

what are you talking about when u said "speed pulse, reverse, ignition, etc"....what does that have anything to do with the wheel controlling the tracks and the volume, and the mute? i want to have a really good understanding of this thing before i go out and get it....also, will it work with ANY pioneer head unit? (new ones):iono:

Not too sure buddy..found that info here http://www.carmedia.nl/catalog/Stuurab_bestanden/pioneer-stuurab.htm

The illumination I am referring to is the Head units illumination...no illumination = no display