GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Straight Honeycomb Grill, no VW???

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
anyone know if a company is working on a grill like this??? I want to do it so bad, but have a feeling it would be costly to have a shop do it custom, and i dont feel confident enough in my own abilities to do it all myself...

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
I thought I had seem one, but I think it looks pretty ricer unless you buy a new hood that doesn't have the notch for the VW logo. I've seen some previous generation VWs like that and it makes me want to vomit

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
have you seen the one on the Mkv, theres a united gray with it done, w/ the hood fixed, which i would obviously do, but it looks amazing, so clean

MKV GTI

Autocross Champion
you cant really do it yerself. you need to buy a special one. if you take the VW sign off its just a big hole in the grill. i am not sure where to get one though. ill keep my eyes open.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i can do it myself, all i have to get is a doner grill for 99 bucks, and cut out the VW area, and then fill it in with the honeycomb from the donor, just dont know if i trust myself with that

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
smp85 said:
what's wrong with the vw logo in the middle anyways???

just black it out if it stands out too much :thumbup:

I'm actually doing that as we speak, but thats a temporary solution, i love the blank look that ive seen on a few other mkv's and plus its totally custom so id beone of the few to have it, proll only one in my area too