GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I chip the dsg?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've had my car remapped, the output values are 228PS (230BHP) and 340Nm (252lb ft) torque. I don't know if these are 100% accurate though, as the dyno was supposedly underreporting that day but I don't know by how much. I'm going on the rollers again this Saturday, so I will let you know.

yanke10

Go Kart Newbie
cmdrfire said:
I've had my car remapped, the output values are 228PS (230BHP) and 340Nm (252lb ft) torque. I don't know if these are 100% accurate though, as the dyno was supposedly underreporting that day but I don't know by how much. I'm going on the rollers again this Saturday, so I will let you know.

what chip do u have and u have dsg right

jojomook

Passed Driver's Ed
Avoid at all cost!!

:thumbdown: Avoid at all cost with Neuspeed program!!
Avoid at all cost if you have DSG!! I had mine done 2 weeks ago. It does give you more power:thumbup: ...but it shifts like the wheels are locked up for half a second when upshifting from 2to 3 to 4 to 5th gear:iono: .....I had this done at WRD in Sacramento. I call Neuspeed for help, all they give me is a bunch of BS.:mad: I was asking for money back, then they give me a new flash today. Still jerk on 3 to 4 th gear and the power felt just like stock. OMG...wasting time and money. Wondering anyone with a Chipped DSG has the same problem??:iono:
Any feed back will be nice. Thanks.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
jojomook said:
Wondering anyone with a Chipped DSG has the same problem??:iono:
Any feed back will be nice. Thanks.

Haven't encountered what you described with my car.

I heard today of someone who's got a DSG putting out 270bhp with a REVO remap, don't know the torque figures, but apparently it's running very nicely. Will present more information if I get it.

jojomook

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. I just called APR today, spoke with one of their sales and he explain to me it most likely it will do the same thing just like the Neuspeed......MHO is too much power and need a new Dsg remap to match it.

jizzim

Doesn't have herpes

DubaiJohn

Go Kart Champion
I think a good thing to find out would be if the DSG in the gti is exactly the same as the DSG in the R32. The R32 pushes 250ps and 236lb/ft(320nm).

If so you would have thought that modding the gti to these levels would give no reliability problems at. In fact you would have thought that VW would have allowed for the fact that R32 is gonna be modded to at least 300ps.

What do you think? Also anyone know if the 2 'boxes are the same?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I don't know. But after reading the write ups on that new R32, I think it's a big waste of money. It's a good car. BUt not worth $10,000 more USD than a GTI. When a GTI can buy a reflash program for 500-800 dollars and pull out better performance numbers. Screw the R32. I was going to buy one last year and am glad I didn't. Let one step next to my APR and well see what's up. Turbo vs NA (round 1).

Boy I really put myself on a thin limb this time. But I'm just not impressed with it. And the thread above made it sound as if that thing had some power or something.:thumbsup:

DubaiJohn

Go Kart Champion
I agree with you and think that as a hot hatch the gti is miles better. I did test drive both and chose the gti.

But in the context of this question and the fact that we are wondering if DSG box can 1) take modding, 2)remain reliable and 3)up to what level will it be reliable. It would be good to know if the DSG box in both cars is the same. If It is then modding the gti up to the bhp/torque levels of the R32 should cause no long term reliability issues.