Manual or DSG Transmission?

• Manual 6speed

Votes: 103 44.4%
  • DSG

Votes: 129 55.6%

• Total voters

VWnuts

Passed Driver's Ed
What transmission will you be getting? Used to be easy to decide on the manual cuz that would always give you the best acceleration times but now DSG is supposd to be faster than manual. I'll miss rowing my own gears but this time around I think I personally am gonna get the DSG. Can't wait Ive heard awesome things about it and not one bad thing really.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I've heard people say that if you start modding the engine and the hp and torque numbers increase enough the DSG tranny will have a hard time keeping up!

HGVT

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:
I've heard people say that if you start modding the engine and the hp and torque numbers increase enough the DSG tranny will have a hard time keeping up!

Never even considered that. If true, this is one of those things where if you didnt even know to consider this b4 buying the car, later on you'd be screwed if you wanted to mod the car heavily.

MarlonK911

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:

That's too bad cause I woulda loved to get DSG. Ive tried it in an A3 and that is the slickest transmission ever :bow: But this has me worried...any idea how up to how much power it can handle Malby?

swami

Go Kart Newbie
I wouldn't be too concerned about modding a DSG equipped car. Probably a software reflash of some kind would adjust shift points accordingly. I think the DSG is the way to go.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
MarlonK911 said:
That's too bad cause I woulda loved to get DSG. Ive tried it in an A3 and that is the slickest transmission ever :bow: But this has me worried...any idea how up to how much power it can handle Malby?

I am not sure because not many people have started doing anything to their cars. I bet you a year down the road when people start making big power numbers you will start to hear of things breaking and such.

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
hey guys i drove an A3 with DSG two days ago and that was one hell of a slick transmission...couldn't believe how fast it changed gears. I'm still on the fence about which transmission but it might come down to manual just to save some $ :D