GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning the gauge cover

Du Hast

Go Kart Newbie
So my gauge cover has streaks on in it and also has a couple bright specks as well. I think the dealership F'd it up when I bought the car and they detailed it.:mad: It kinda looks like they sprayed something on there to clean it that they should have.:mad:

I tried using a clean dry micro-fiber towel made especially for cleaning glass to get the streaks and two spots out. This failed to work.

The gauge cover has weird reflective properties to it, so I am afraid to use anything on it to clean it.

:help:

What do you guys use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
talk to the dealer... have them replace it?

Du Hast

Go Kart Newbie
if they will that would be ideal. I taked to them on the phone and they said their detail people can clean it. I am afraid that they'll mess it up even more and then they'll say that they wont replace for free.:eek:

Du Hast

Go Kart Newbie
Scotaku said:
Got shades? Use some eyeglass cleaner and a small microfiber towel made for eye or sunglasses. Anything greasy on the gauge glasses needs to be emulsified and picked up off the surface. Then wrap your glasses up in the little towel and stash the works in your overhead console for next time. ;)

WOW that worked great!

Thanks for the idea!:thumbup: