GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does Size Really Matter?

Troll

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm 6'2 & currently thinking about a MKV to replace my 02 WRX (soon to be 39)...I would essentially like something with better gas mileage & more luxurious interior. For the most part, I really don't expect to haul around a car load of people...That said, I like having a ton of storage space in the rear if ever needed (fold down seats is a plus). That said, my wife thinks I'm absolutely nuts & laughs whenever I mention the GTI...She thinks I should be driving a more mature boat like a TL. The irony is that she is 5' & likes big SUV like vehicles. I am curious to know from the tall folks in the forum & how they fare in their GTI. Thanks in advance.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah Troll, I'm 6'3" 220lbs, and this car is the most comfortable I've ever been in a car. The buckets support my whole torso, especially the lumbar area. In all other cars I've owned, I had to scooch down and my lower back would hurt. Like BlackMagicGTI06 said, there's ridiculous leg room. My wife's a SUV lover too, and thinks this car is a joke for my size, but it fits like a well made suit.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
FYI:

I test drove the A3 and my head was hitting the ceiling the whole time. it's all that dang sun roof business.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Man I am only like 5'9" lol. I feel tiny.

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
Having always driven Hondas I always have to put the seat all the way back and lean the seatback pretty far down to be comfortable. When I test drove the GTI I was completely shocked that when I put the seat all the way back I was several inches shy of even being able to touch the pedals. I have it less than halfway back at 6' tall. There is probably 8" above my head. Definitely plenty of room in the front and the back. The cabin and appointments are heads and shoulders (pun intended) above the best Honda has to offer. IMO. ~Newcastle