UK GTi Boys & Girls!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Looks like it indeed :biggrin:
We can have all of the colourful cars in here :wink:

illyun

Ready to race!
At Last

No problem with the guys from across the Atlantic but can't relate to a lot of discussions they have... like what on earth is this FAST thing they are banging on about?! Its just a plastic gimmik :iono: Anyway... I should be getting my GTI very soon... I have tried hard - and succeeded to a great extent - not to think about the car over the past 3 months... otherwise it would have been agonising torture :cry: I was hoping someone would set up a Mk5 Golf GTI forum - like the Mk4 one... but this will do. :thumbup:

illyun

Ready to race!
Mk5 Specs

By the way I have ordered a 'stop-gap' spec... in anticipation of part-exing for an Anniversary Edition when one is released...:evil:

Pearlescent Black
Manual - don't like DSG
Highline MFA
Front Arm Rest
Smoking Pack - I don't smoke but it was free and maybe a future owner might appreciate it
3-Doors
Interlagos Cloth Interior
18" Alloys
Front Centre Armrest

With the next GTI I will probably get a lot more but still undecided whether the cloth seats are better than the leather ones...

cmdrfire

illyun said:
No problem with the guys from across the Atlantic but can't relate to a lot of discussions they have... like what on earth is this FAST thing they are banging on about?! Its just a plastic gimmik :iono: Anyway... I should be getting my GTI very soon... I have tried hard - and succeeded to a great extent - not to think about the car over the past 3 months... otherwise it would have been agonising torture :cry: I was hoping someone would set up a Mk5 Golf GTI forum - like the Mk4 one... but this will do. :thumbup:

There's always the ukmkvs.net forum (at http://www.ukmkvs.net). It's an extension of ukmkivs.net, but there's quite a good and big UK community there.

As to your spec car... very nice! Surprised you didn't go for 18s, though there's not much point if you're changing the wheels anyway.
Don't hold out for too long for an Anni edition! At the moment, it's still unconfirmed...

t0ne

Passed Driver's Ed
illyun said:
By the way I have ordered a 'stop-gap' spec... in anticipation of part-exing for an Anniversary Edition when one is released...:evil:

Pearlescent Black
Manual - don't like DSG
Highline MFA
Front Arm Rest
Smoking Pack - I don't smoke but it was free and maybe a future owner might appreciate it
3-Doors
Interlagos Cloth Interior
18" Alloys
Front Centre Armrest

With the next GTI I will probably get a lot more but still undecided whether the cloth seats are better than the leather ones...

Stop gap :eek: that's pretty much the car I've got on order - minus the smoking pack and plus the winter pack and xenons.

cmdrfire

illyun, the 18" Monza IIs (real name: Detroits) are absolutely lovely, much nicer than the painted Monza Is (Denvers). You won't regret having them, the car looks a stunner with them on and they fill out the arches so much better!

illyun

Ready to race!
I know... I was going to keep the 17"s but then drove a demonstrator with 18"s and compared to another GTI I saw with 17"s it looks almost a different car from the side. The impact of the 18" on the look of the GTI is amazing. :headbang:

t0ne

Passed Driver's Ed
illyun said:
:thumbup: I have gone for 18" Monza's! The a car arrived today - picking it up next week!
Excellent, how long has it taken from the time you ordered it ?

I got told my build week today, week 20, which I think is the week commencing 15th May. Should have it early to mid June with a bit of luck. If all goes to plan that'll be about 10 weeks or so from the order date. A bit better than the 16 weeks I was told by the dealer when I placed the order, but I guess they have to set your expectations correctly.

illyun said:
t0ne, you obviously have very good taste... ;)

likewise mate :biggrin: