GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio Upgrade?

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have only seen upgraded headunit on some car mag for the GTI, but i have not seen any done on this web site. The one I saw was using a Kedwood double din headunit acutally its quite nice and fit well. IMHO the stereo on the GTI is not up to par as a stock system, and connecting an Ipod is no easy job either.
IMHO it would be great if the forum manager can start a Audio section.

maxitrol

Passed Driver's Ed
i ave up graded my audio replaced the standard head unit with a alpine 7" flip out screen,replaced the standard speakers in the doors on my mrk five golf

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
once i get my gti, i will just get new speakers all round, i like bass dont get me wrong, but i hate rattlin.. and dynamat is a waste of money, so no subs for me. as for the head unit... poineer has a new one that is xm rdy, and ipod plug and play. so ill be doing that aswell, over time.

lamesauce

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
i also think we should have a car stereo section. with my previous car's (2002 sentra se-r) forum we had this discussion and it was nice to talk to other drivers who had systems and also able to give input/answers to questions from new people.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Wow very quick response!! nice with this audio section guys please post some picture of ur audio upgrade.

I would like to know what kind of dash kit are you using to install new headunits.

What are the stock speaker size and what size can it replaced with. Like whats the max size and depth can be fitted with little modification, such as speaker spacers. Not talking about fiberglassing the whole door.

And is there steering remote intergration?

maxitrol

Passed Driver's Ed
you ave to get the din converter with to holes in for your header unit (i will take a picture of mine etang789) stock speaker size which was in mine were 7cm & 4cm in the front & 6cm in the back at first i used the orginal speaker wire as it goes in to a cross over in to splitter box as mine ad 6 speakers in it but when i put the amps in i changed the wiring to the proper stuff ran the rca cables down the middle of the car,if you dont do this you get a buzzing noise through the speakers when you put your lights on

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Does the aftermarket radio still come on when the car is turned off and key out like the factory?

Thumpdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I do have a question. I know that there are 3 speakers in each door and 2 speakers on each side in the back seat. What are the sizes of the speakers in inches? If anybody knows, please answer, thanks.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Maybe 8", 6 1/2", and tweeter? Probably just 6 1/2", 51/4", and tweeter. I was thinking about taking my doors apart tomorrow at work. I will let you know what I find if I do.

ttr250

Go Kart Newbie
here is a lil pic i have on the setup...i couldnt stand the stock any longer and had this head unit left from my mk4. its the alpine 9853.. i amped all the door speakers and added an sub. the door speakers are amp by a alpine v power f-450 70x4..great amp. the sub is an alpine type R 10" in an enclosed box. it is amped by and alpine 500x1 mono, with digital display
the boost gauge is just temporary, so i just rigged it up in there.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Where did you get that kit??? I must know.