GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GoodBye!

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Haha u thought i was leaving didnt ya?

well im not but the Acura RSX will be!

Honda/Acura is killing off the RSX for the 2007 MY...so the cheapest acura will be the 28,000$ TSX which in 2008 will come in a coupe version

just read about it in this months issue of Motor Trend

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I seen that. Did you see in the back tire adds they have a pic of a MKV GTI? www.tiretrack.com I think it is. You can pick our car and run through all there rims to see how they would look on the ride. Anyways, just thought it was cool that they were using the GTI?:thumbsup:

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Somethings going to replace it... something has to. That was their best selling car. It was really getting good these last few years though. Test drove one a few months back, stout little car.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
X2 there has to be a replacement, that car ment too much to Acura

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
they were trying to get into the euro way of naming cars and away from the US way...

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
it says in the artical that it will not be replaced...that Acura is going Upmarket with their cars to compete with BMW and other upmarket companies and that the lowest priced car they will sell will be the 28,000$ TSX with a coupe version being released sometime in 2008

but we will see...i dont see anything taking its place...i mean look at the other Upmarket car companies...Lexus doesnt have a car like the rsx...Infiniti doesnt have a car like the rsx....so i can definitly see where honda/acura is getting rid of the rsx

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
Yeah I seen that. Did you see in the back tire adds they have a pic of a MKV GTI? www.tiretrack.com I think it is. You can pick our car and run through all there rims to see how they would look on the ride. Anyways, just thought it was cool that they were using the GTI?:thumbsup:

i did see the GTI on the tirerack ad...was kinda cool...but some ugly rims on it

Nikerey

Darkness
They are still selling the integra in Japan correct? I wouldnt be surprised to see a Honda Integra out soon. Or the rebirth of the prelude. Although im not sure about Honda wanting competition for the S2000 or Civic SI

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
R they still gonna have the RSX-Type R available in Japan?
I don't think so. It says "Another possible reason for the drop is there appears no replacement for the Civic-based hatchback coupe, sold in Japan as the Honda Integra." Seems to me that they realized there is a much larger market for the Civic and that the bang for your buck of an RSX just doesn't add up. But I don't know for sure.:iono: I'm just going from what the article says.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
I don't think so. It says "Another possible reason for the drop is there appears no replacement for the Civic-based hatchback coupe, sold in Japan as the Honda Integra." Seems to me that they realized there is a much larger market for the Civic and that the bang for your buck of an RSX just doesn't add up. But I don't know for sure.:iono: I'm just going from what the article says.

so a civic hatchback in Japan is called an Integra; So do they call both a *Honda hatchback SI Type R* and an *Acura Integra Type R* an Integra Type-R?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
the TSX is bascially a sedan version of the RSX anyway, so what's the difference gonna be when they make a TSX coupe?