GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI owner-DSG Pkg #1 UG

dmclone

Oval Champion
I was set on buying a new Civic Si until I went and test drove the GTI last night. It was about $5,000 more sticker but I actually only had to pay $3,500 more for the GTI. It’s going to arrive in about 3 weeks and at that time I will be applying a bunch of Zaino.
Here are some of my previous vehicles. I traded a Honda Element in on the GTI. This is my first German vehicle.

74 Z-28 w/427 and all the goodies
77 Monte Carlo
83 Firebird S/E
89 Firebird Formula
89 Honda Accord SE-I coupe
94 Acura Integra LS
96 Lexus ES300
8? Fiero GT ($150 and I owned it for one week)
00 Civic Si
9? Honda CRV
04 Honda Element EX
03 350Z enthusiast edition
04 Honda Accord EX-L (wife’s car)
I’m sure there are a couple I forgot.

8? CBR600 F1
02 Bombardier DS650 quad
Polaris SL750 PWC
03 Suzuki Volusia

davesee

FIA GT Champion
hey dmclone!

I did the exact same thing you did...

I had even placed a down (order payment) on a civic si..

I test drove the mkv, and I am now staring at mine out of my office wnidow :thumbup:

davesee said:
hey dmclone!

I did the exact same thing you did...

I had even placed a down (order payment) on a civic si..

I test drove the mkv, and I am now staring at mine out of my office wnidow :thumbup:

If i had a gti out of my office window i probably wouldnt get any work done.
I am on this all day and that is enough to distract me

dmclone

Oval Champion
Bouston said:
Dmclone what happened to the 350Z?

Sold it. As you can see I get pretty bored with cars. The Z was a lot of fun but was a handful in the winter. I also wanted to save some money to buy a new house so I bought an Element with the cash left over from the Z.

The Z had typical first year issues like weird tire wear and sound, window streaks, etc and a pretty bad interior for a $30K interior but it handled like a dream and the motor was pretty decent.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Wow! After buying 6 Hondas I'm surprised you didn't buy the Si as well. Glad to see you here bud :thumbsup:

dmclone

Oval Champion
Bouston said:
Wow! After buying 6 Hondas I'm surprised you didn't buy the Si as well. Glad to see you here bud :thumbsup:

I am too. I was set on the Si but I figured why not try out the GTI before I pulled the trigger. I think Honda's are great cars and if you are truly limited to $20K then the Si can't be beat. Hopefully I have a good experience with my first VW.

Dude123

Oval Champion
How much did you pay for your vehicle? Its a UG GTI with Package 1, right? Same as mine.

dmclone

Oval Champion
It's tough to tell since I had a trade. I can tell you this. They gave me $1,700 more for my trade then Honda offered me which is also $2,300 more then kbb.

Dude123

Oval Champion
Huh? Well what was the amount you have paid for the car, without your trade included. Was it at MSRP, or below. If so how much did you get the car for?