GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Motorsport diverter valve

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I installed it a few days ago on my DSG GTI. It doesn't have the same effect as the manual GTI since with the DSG you don't have to close the throttle while shifting, therefore no extra boost to divert. Am I explaining this correctly?

Texas_MkV

I am so glad that you brought this up, because I have been meaning to ask it. Do you think, now that you have installed it, that it was worth it. I have seen videos and read post of people talking about it, but I don't normally get to hear people talking about how they work on DSG's. I have wanted to buy one, but I was afraid that it would have little or no effect with the DSG's.

i have it on mine but its a 6 speed and yea it does it every shift but it will also just randomly blow off while your just driving under hard acceleration. so maybe if you really get those rpms up on the dsg it will go off.

trick000

Im kind of in the middle on this. It's cool to hear it when you let go of the gas after a hard acceleration. You won't hear it when shifting unless you let go of the gas when shifting in manual mode.

Billy4130

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Just installed it an hour ago and all I have to say is it will be coming off this weekend. It is useless with the DSG unless you take your foot off the throttle. Its probably alot cooler on the manual. Oh well.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Billy4130 said:
Just installed it an hour ago and all I have to say is it will be coming off this weekend. It is useless with the DSG unless you take your foot off the throttle. Its probably alot cooler on the manual. Oh well.

what i dont understand is this...

when i shift my DSG i hear the diverter(stock) let go of some boost granted its not loud at all but i guess i just have the ear for it...just like if i were to step on it and then get off the gas and it makes that "whoosh" sound

so the aftermarket ones just arent letting any boost out when shifting...hrm that sucks

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Auto's (DSG) Hold boost in between shifts. Every time you disengage the clutch with a manual (i.e. shifting during boost) the bov vents the excess pressure. With auto's there is no sound during shifting because there is no pressure to be released.

fyi- the "whooosh" sound only happens during boosted deceleration on auto's (i.e. when you let off the gas during hard acceleration)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
trevor said:
Auto's (DSG) Hold boost in between shifts. Every time you disengage the clutch with a manual (i.e. shifting during boost) the bov vents the excess pressure. With auto's there is no sound during shifting because there is no pressure to be released.

fyi- the "whooosh" sound only happens during boosted deceleration on auto's (i.e. when you let off the gas during hard acceleration)

lol...i know what the auto's do...im just saying that when driving my car and shifting it i hear the release of boost...maybe my car is special!...but i do hear it

trick000

Yeah its not as good on the DSG but I put time on installing it. I think I'm gonna keep using it till I get sick of it.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
2 weeks in and I think it might be time to drop it. I do almost all city driving, and it's getting annoying as fuck. Every time you think about letting up on the throttle it "whooshes". It's a fun mod for a while, then I think it gets old.

Just my thoughts, not gonna hate on it too much. My decision might be different if it got you any kind of power gain or at least was supposed to "save" the turbo, but sadly it doesn't.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I know others are feeling the same way. You see a handful for sale on Vortex's classifieds. I'll mention I have a Manual trans, so I'm gathering that there is a bit of a different sound for the DSG. Might not be as annoying since DSG shifts so quickly and doesn't let off the throttle. Honestly though, you won't even realize you aren't giving gas, and all of the sudden you get a 3 second woosh. When your in town and its gas..off..clutch...gas...brake..off...gas..brake etc. it really is blowing off ALL the time.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i actually plan on buying one anyways...just to piss off the retards...like the kids in thier 6cyl mustangs and camaros around here that think they all drive cobras and SS's respectivly...them and those cool kids in their civic ex's with intakes...lol

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
haha yeah I don't mean to scare anyone off, just giving my $.02

Freek, if you want mine we could work something out. It's 3 weeks old, and it's the black painted one. I got it shipped from Forge for $70, so I dunno $40 shipped for you. If you or anyone else is interested let me know, I''l take offers too. I'd rather give it one of you guys than try and sell it to someone on Vortex.