GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf5 manual trans./ exhaust ?

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
A question for you Golf5 experts:

1. Does the manual gearbox have a limited slip differential?

2. By removing the resonator and pre-muffler and modifying the air box with a K&N, would that not increase mpg?

:drinking:

no but also yes... esp is sortof like a lsd

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339&highlight=lsd

the intake seems to make the car sound more "throaghty" during acceleration, but some believe the neuspeed cone actually reduces hp. carbonio or oettinger made/owned by apr are expensive but cool looking, and nobody seems to have dynoed em yet.

kujo has a neuspeed: you may be able to ask him what he thinks

I dont see how getting an aftermarket exhaust could hurt (unless you go to big of piping and dont have enough back pressure) ... start with a turbo downpipe (tt makes one but only 2.5")

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
ESP

Is there an off/on switch for the ESP?

Finally, my last question, with the original turbo, how do you increase the turbo's boost or what is the max. boost for the 2.0 Turbo?

:thumbsup:

I can't wait to get this car. Time to :burnrubber: party. :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

GolfUberAlles said:
A question for you Golf5 experts:
2. By removing the resonator and pre-muffler and modifying the air box with a K&N, would that not increase mpg?
To answer this yes it would. Probably like 5-9 hp. When you say with a K&N, you mean a K&N Filterin the OEM or a K&N Setup? The neuspeed intake may lose hp, but that may be because of the filter. Neuspeed filters are very tightly stiched. Removing the resonator and pre muffler would help because there is not much of a backup flow. This may turn out very loud too. This engine purrs the way it is now, and removing 2 restricive devises may cause a huge leap in noise level. And yes, modifiing the Intake also increases the noise. I tested my Accord with a bypass valve on the intake and without, and the exhaust noise was different. Louder with the bypass valve.