GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how do you feel about the navigation?

lamesauce

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
i opted without the navigation and i'm wondering if i made a wise choice. i never test drove a gti with one nor can i find an article/post with opinions about the navigation system.

how do you like yours?

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I would still prefer putting a aftermarket double din nav headunit in there like the Pioneer Avic-D2 in there

jetbluemig

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried the nav system last week at the dealer; it is pretty run-of-the-mill, and when not in use, the only thing the screen is good for is station identification for the legally blind. Rest assured that you are $1800 wiser.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
In my opinion, the system I recommend and am going with in the next week here, is the Alpine double din that just relased. Its about 1100 in the states, but you have to buy the navi interface, few hundred more, but its a lot more defined, better monitor, and details are amazing. The DVD player on it, is also a plus. So it depends on what you want to pay and so forth, but the D2 is also good. Just no DVD player..only DVD-rom for the navi. cool?

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI

Attachments

• 2908.jpg
    2908.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,355

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
I work part time for Best Buy so discounts benefit me especially with the alpine one..haha. Hooray accomodations!

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
whats the requirement for working as a part time in best buy? i might do it so i can get some practice in installing

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Basically you can use the discount after 30 days of employment so be willing to wait that long after you've started...But there arn't really requirements for applying as long as you arn't 15? I think...Discounts beautiful on car audio though

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
According to the spec, its not a DVD player but it is a DVD rom which is just the system used primarily to read the Navigation style of disk..now I'm saying supposedly its not a DVD player compatability, because a lot of states ban it, or make it illegal to have any video device in driver view...so I doubt that its DVD capable

cush_

Passed Driver's Ed
you can buy a Dietz Adapter, and put a dvd player on your aux conn...

I got the nav myself, and I love it... It looks sleek and works like a charm, although I must admit there are more powerful and navs with more functionality on the market... I bought it for the OEM looks..