GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance problems?...

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Just a question, but it seems to me like some people are getting screwed by insurance on these cars, especially for financing issues. have any of you found a cheaper company to be insured under, verus others? If not its all good.

I had a 97 Honda Accord with Mercury and it was 870 every 6 months. With the GTI, I'm paying $300 more. That isn't bad, especially since it's a new car and turbo charged. The WRX was going to be almost $700 more.

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
Im guessing why you are paying more is due to the GTI being a turbocharged car??

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
I had a 98 Prelude before the GTI but I'll be paying like 160 more under state farm....hmm...maybe I'll just call progressive, they give you their quote and the quotes of the competitors!!! haha

A lot of things take reasoning. Turbo, likelyhood of being stolen, how many airbags there are, ABS, 4 Disc brake, tested crash rating, age, driving record. Which for me, I'm still 19, until April. Also after April, I will have my point taken off my record. Yes, I've had 3 speeding tickets, and 3 fixits. Lemme tell ya. It's a small town.

GOT THIS FROM KBB
"Generally, sports cars, "turbo" or "supercharged" performance vehicles, along with 4-wheel drive models, result in higher ISO scores. A vehicle that may demand higher service cost and repair will also score higher."

Last edited:
Texas_MkV said:
I had a 04 Acura RSX. It was automatic and not a type-S. I pay 85 dollars less for my new GTI, which is also automatic, but I think I was just over charged on my RSX.
No, the RSX is extremely high on the Likely To Be Stolen List, that's why. Also, I just checked with Progressive, and I would be paying $1700 every 6 months instead of $11xx.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Appreciate the replys, but jeez, none of those answers made me feel any better.haha

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
yea but is that full coverage or liability?