GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Little things we like about our cars

sakanuki

Drag Racing Champion
Though German engineers can be pretty annoying, there are lots of little, thoughtful things I've discovered about the car and I think they're great. You usually don't notice this stuff until you buy it and live with it for a while. How about starting a thread of the good little things we've noticed. I'll get it started with two items but I can think of plenty more:

1. If you have a sunroof, I've noticed that there are accordion pleats that lift up on the right and the left. My other cars with sunroofs never had that. And I guess it would help if you the left the car with the vent position and it started to rain. I don't think much would get in.

2. The hood stays open without the need to position a prop stick. Many cars in this price range don't have this luxury.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I agree with scuderiavw. I use this constantly. It does not seem like a big deal, but when you become use to using it, it makes all the difference.

No one likes someone driving down the highway for ten minutes with the left blinker on lol. (Has happened several times)

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
sakanuki said:
1. If you have a sunroof, I've noticed that there are accordion pleats that lift up on the right and the left. My other cars with sunroofs never had that. And I guess it would help if you the left the car with the vent position and it started to rain. I don't think much would get in.

Im glad they fixed this....these covers were not present on the MKIV and I was always having issues with dirt getting into the mechanism and causing it grind as it was opening/closing...these covers seem to prevent this.:thumbsup:

sakanuki

Drag Racing Champion
If you have pk 2, I think we have the best lumbar support system there is. I used to have a Lexus SC400 which was full of Japanese bells and whistles, but the lumbar support just poked you in the back more or less. The GTV has 4(!) controls for the lumbar i.e. in, out, up, down recognizing that we all have different backs and may need support in different places along the spine. Maybe for you guys who've had VW's before this is an old system, but I'd never seen it before . . . Very thoughtful touch.

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
I've noticed that when accelerating briskly from low speed the steering stiffens up considerably to reduce torque steer :thumbsup: