GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another tire thread:)

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Im trying to get an idea of which tires i should get. Normally i would just get a name brand n call it a day but since im apr stage 2 now and im living where ill be hitting nice swirvy backroads with big straight aways that ive hit 100 on id like sum good grippin tires. I drive very aggressive and will be lowering alittle bit this summer(not slammed) so im running a 225/45R17. If i go to low with the tires pot holes will pop them ive tryed. Ive looked at these few on tirerack and wanted sum peoples opinions that have been flashed for awhile n went through sum tires to give me a shout in a general direction. Heres what ive looked at:
Sumitomo's HTR Z II. $82
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500. $111
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. $111
Continental Extreme Contact DW. $120
Thanks in advance

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I've heard nothing but praises for the Ventus V12 and Extreme Contact DW.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Have the v12s and like them. Ive heard dws are good as well

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
X3^ I hear nothing but good things about V12's. Haven't tried em but due to such raving reviews on quality/noise/grip I'm getting them in my VMR package. Look em up.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Ok so looking at tireracks reviews and discouttires which had a good bit for the v12s. It looks like the hankooks have the most reviews compared to the continentals. Is there any other tires out there that you all think i should check out? Right now i have sum decent hankook winters on my car that ive had on for 5 months now and they still look brand new.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I had the V12s and they were fine but pretty unremarkable. Decently grippy but they rode really hard and wore kind of quickly. Good tires for the money but they weren't anything special.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I actually loved a cheap tire I got a while back, the General Exclaim UHP. Loved the tread pattern, they were quiet, wore well, were cheap, very grippy, and rode well. Those tires were discontinued and I think they now have the Altimax or something like that. Dunno if they are any good, but a tire doesn't have to be expensive to be a good street tire.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
^ I've heard great things about them. Let us know how you like them.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Agreed just thought i see what u would suggest alot of people just point at the most expensive thing is best. I kinda just been looking at the tread patterns reviews and brands. Like the Sumitomo's HTR Z II they are cheaper have a aggressive looking tread pattern but who knows how look they will hold up? I had potenzas or however u spell that and i balded em in like 5 months. Not doin burnouts just driving aggressively all the time. My girl seen ur pic and asked y their was a rabbit with mirriors lol. I explained it.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
No-one's mentioned them yet, so Michelin Pilot Super Sports are a tire you should consider. Their wear is apparently excellent, and their grip is unparalleled. Not sure how they stack up price-wise, but you'll find the reviews are generally the best.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
They are nice and i like the tread pattern . They are like 162 a piece. I read a few reviews about there back tires wearing down fast aka rear wheel drive burnouts most likely. I mean whats the point of having a rear wheel drive car n not having fun with it. But also means if i got em for my fwd car that id still wear them down probably the same as a cheaper one. I usually have to buy 2 every summer. But no doubts probably a good tire.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
I guess i can ask my apr dealer pretty sure they dont have an apr tire yet lol. But hes got lile 15 different vws with all different wheel and tire packages that he runs. I dont think there is much more then a personal opinion when it comes to tires other then tread lifes n price but even then depends on how the individual drives. When im reading the reviews on all the sites it jumps all over depending on the car n driver even though its the same tire. Thanks everyone

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
there's definitely a matter of driving style and type of vehicle use and personal priority for each driver. Some people like a tire that stretches as well as possible for optimal stance. Others want a tire that is one of the highest performance cornering tires, but that ultra high performance track tire might also be too stiff to hook in a straight line. It might do just great at Stage 1 or 2, but not K04 and beyond where traction REALLY becomes more of an issue. How far are you going to take your power mods? You can be more flexible with tire choice as long as you are on the stock turbo, although I still would recommend a tire that has a decently compliant sidewall since FWDLOL sucks for hooking up all that turbo powar.