GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ebc red stuff pads on original rotors, mistake or not?

leontfsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
seat leon 2.0 tfsi
Heys guys I want to put Ebc red stuff pads on original (like Ate) rotors, would i get better brake preformence or should I put only original pads on regular rotors?
What the consequences of this kind of combination?

Thanks
Asaf

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Stay away from EBC pads. They are absolutely the worst pads you could buy. Stick with the ones that are proven to work, and work well. (Hawk, Porterfield, Akebono, Ferodo, etc..)

shinta

Banned
Stay away from EBC pads. They are absolutely the worst pads you could buy. Stick with the ones that are proven to work, and work well. (Hawk, Porterfield, Akebono, Ferodo, etc..)

I thought so too. I remember people hated them in the Subaru community as well. if they are such horrible pads, why are they still in business?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008

:thumbsup:

EBC is crap.

22 months old and less than 15 thousand mls on them. No tracking at all.
I know of some others having the same issue.

rears:

fronts:

Stay with reputable brands like Ate, Brembo, Ferodo, Hawk, Pagid, Endless, Carbone Lorraine, Textar etc..

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I heard problems from Black Diamond as well. Like what we said, stick to the reputable companies.