GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYBODY HAVE THIS INTAKE?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
In this same forum there is a post called "Interesting Read...CAI" It is an article about this very intake. Check it out, it is a good read.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
Finally. Ill be picking one of these up.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
thats the carbonio intake, its on severe backorder from what i recall.

im having a hard time choosing which one i want between this one and evoMS.

alf

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I called my local shop and they had one left and it was going for 290.00. I want it but if it is more appearance than function then I will wait for something more effective. I did read the post about the evoms cai, no offense it just seemed to lag on about the type of material and position of the filter and if the stock engine cover could still be used. I did not find it very helpful, but I do admit that Anders was on point with answering all of th questions! Seems like a very smart guy.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I Like the design of it however, I wish that they had make a larger intake tube out of carbonfiber after the filter I think that would be more beneficial.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I personaly feel that the carbonio does not adress the issue of the factory intake box. It meerly is a drop in filter with a modified inlet to the factory airbox. The factory airbox is a big restriction since the entire engine cover is your airbox. I prefer the Evo mass one so far. It has a heat shield and is going to have a engine cover available for it. Do some searching on here...there are several posts about intakes.