GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPOD Intergration?

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Hi ari, how integrated of a solution are you looking for? There are several solutions out there for controlling an ipod with your stock headunit, but I have yet to see one that will display artist/track information on your headunit. Most of them simply allow you to control the ipod from your headunit and at most display a playlist (or track #) on your headunit.

ari

Passed Driver's Ed
RE: IPOD intergration.

Heard that the new GTI's radio will be able to display the song title, artist & album. Anybody else hear such a thing?

MKThree

Ready to race!
ari said:
Heard that the new GTI's radio will be able to display the song title, artist & album. Anybody else hear such a thing?

First I heard of this. So that means the stock stereo would have some kind of plug to plut ipod into?

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
No one has officially gotten an ipod to work properly on the radio. By properly I mean show up on the screen what song you're listening to!

loft

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:
No one has officially gotten an ipod to work properly on the radio. By properly I mean show up on the screen what song you're listening to!

Does the car come with an AUX in or a special ipod plug ? Im kinda interested in good sound quality more then having song names display on the car, so if the car has an aux-in atleast i'll be happy. Anyone know? This is something I never think about when buying a car, even though its kinda important.

Delicron

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I work for VW in Canada and I know there will be a factory built lead that will available at dealers. The newest issue of VW's DriverGear had some part numbers for it if I recall correctly. I believe it will be a dock connector, and it will lead from the back of the factory deck to a compartment in the glove box. It will also charge the iPod from what I know. You'll likely have to get it installed at the dealer. You will be able to have full control over the iPod from your deck, and since the GTi in North America will come standard with the 6cd changer, you will be able to view alot more of the folder names and track names on the bigger display.

Delicron

Oh yeah..there will be an AUX in port that you can buy seperately as well, but it won't charge or give you full control, but it will be definitely cheaper. I think the sound quality will be better on the Dock connector personally...

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Delicron said:
I work for VW in Canada and I know there will be a factory built lead that will available at dealers. The newest issue of VW's DriverGear had some part numbers for it if I recall correctly. I believe it will be a dock connector, and it will lead from the back of the factory deck to a compartment in the glove box. It will also charge the iPod from what I know. You'll likely have to get it installed at the dealer. You will be able to have full control over the iPod from your deck, and since the GTi in North America will come standard with the 6cd changer, you will be able to view alot more of the folder names and track names on the bigger display.

So let me get this straight, this factory built lead will have an IPOD connector on the end and you could plug in your IPOD and leave it in your glove box. When you shut off the car will the ipod shut off also? Can you use the buttons on the steering wheel to just skip songs or will you be able to scroll through the menus on your ipod?

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
This is what the VW Part looks like,

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
rabit222,
are you going to up it in yourself?
if so a walk through will be greatly appreciated.

carsonlake

Is this going to be another deal where the only thing I can see about the current song is that it's on cd 19, track 85? This shouldn't be that hard. VW, apple, get it together already.

kpilidis

Passed Driver's Ed
hi i am from greece and i want to know the part number to order the ipod connector from my local dealer

i have golf V gti with rcd 300

thanks! :thumbup: