GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
When I test drove one of them and mentioned to the salesman 25,000 and he gave me a call 2 days later and asked me if I wanted to order 1 and told him again 25,000 and he said he is optimistic about that price. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
haha, that's a nice sneeky tie down.. "yea, i'm pretty optimistic about 25K, we can probably get it, but i'll need you to order the car first"

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
Picking up my GTI tomorrow

Hi everyone!!
Just tested drive the GTI today and ordered a black right away.
The base price is $21990, plus the Package 2($3160), plus the set of rubber mats (no charge), dest. charge $630 - total $25780.
Since this week in Chicago is autoshow week, I get $1000 rebate from vw, also I traded in my old vw that will give me another $500 rebate bonus.
So the final cost for this GTI is $24280, sounds fair to me.:smile:

joffangti

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a 2 week old Mkv GTI,2nd hand,it was a cancelled order.Only had 16 miles on the clock.
I picked it up for £19,000,I ended up paying £15,000 after my part exchange.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
I got mine for $21,330. it's the basic model w/ 6spd.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
My four door GTi with DSG, sunroof and satNav is costing me just over
US$40,000. That's allowing for AU $1.00 = US 78 cents exchange.

That's with all dealer delivery charges, GST, stamp duty and all the other government charges thrown in.

shadezofgray

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine for $500 over invoice (options were invoice) on an ordered car:

United Gray - DSG - Package 2 w/XM - 18" Wheels

12 weeks to wait...:cry:

-shadezofgray

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
I feel pretty good about the deal I got. The hardest choice was color - They all look good (except the silver). So I let the dealer stock make the color choice for me. $23500 - Black Magic - Pkg 1 with DSG $25,400 OTD

$50 under the "dealers invoice" - which is about $300 over the listed invoice.

I got mine with the Hufweisens and Sirius, for $23,130. I purchased Polyshield, and a moonroof to boot too. I wanted one with the Hufweisen Rims, and Sunroof/Moonroof. Satellite radio was kind of a plus because I like that antenna better, but they didn't have any on the lot, so they are installing the Sunroof in a week or so. After all the bullshit stuff (tax, registration, etc), it was a grand total of $31K

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
vdubGTi said:
Damn TeknoGroover U GOT RIPPED OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Well considering that was everything, including taxes, doens't sound tooo high. Gotta remember that "sale" price of $500 over invoice can get padded on the backend by the F&I guys. Bottom line: If you don't know what a charge is ask, and fight it, and look at everything on the final paperwork.

I found the easiest way to get around that whole messy F&I talk is just to tell the guy straight up that you are a modder and the extended warranty, low jack, "desert protection package" etc etc is all bullsh!t and you just want to see your paperwork and sign it. FYI my dad did car F&I for about 10 years and said the guys who were straight with him like this were way less headache than the nickel and dimers who sit there and waste an hour of theyour life as you try to sell stuff and then say no thanks.

GoghVW

Rabbit Transit
so they are installing the Sunroof in a week or so.

TeknoGroover?? Aftermarket sunroof? Don't do it... They never turn out good

Although I do want to get a Passat wagon with a sliding rag top.