GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

spacer or diverter valve

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
i cant decide b/w the forge spacer or the forge diverter valve that would be able to switch from blow off to half blow off / half recirculation or full recirculation. I have see a few videos of the spacer. does anyone have any experience with the switchable valve or videos of it in action. any thoughts would be helpful

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
thats what i thought but on forge's website they make one for the gti. 2.0fsi turbo engine

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
does it get annoying...my first turbo car and i always wanted the blow off sound

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Whether it is annoying is quite subjective since it really depends on the person. I like abit of sound though I have read that the spacers for the MKV will make the sound at odd times due to the stock diverter valve being electronically controlled.

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
I called a local dealer for forge products. I asked about a diverter valve and they said that i could use the hyperboost diverter valve. But on the website for hyperboost, there's no 2.0t application. I thought we couldnt use a diverter valve because of the location of the turbo. any thoughts????

jhayregz

Touring Car Champion
06gtimkv said:
I called a local dealer for forge products. I asked about a diverter valve and they said that i could use the hyperboost diverter valve. But on the website for hyperboost, there's no 2.0t application. I thought we couldnt use a diverter valve because of the location of the turbo. any thoughts????

wrong..dont listen :thumbdown:

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
thats what i thought but i didnt know cause this place is all about vw/audi tuning....how come we cant install a diverter valve on our cars?