GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" RS-GT or 18" CH

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
i would look at LMs at that price, but between the CHs and RS-GTs of course RS-GTs:thumbsup:

Problem is the LM's don't come with the correct offset. I think the best there is now is like ET35.

The Rial Daytona's come in an ET 40 I think though......

azmcs

etang789 said:
whats the correct offset for RSGT?

Offset is pretty much independent of the specific wheel. Does have some relationship to width, in that if you go narrower like an 8" vs 8.5" you have 12mm more (or 6mm per side of the mounting surface, given the same offset) to work with.

Bottom line, if you are gonna lower the car, I would not go less than ET40 and if you are going with known wide tires like KDW's or 8.5" rims I would go more lkie ET42 or up. Stock is ET51 if I remember correctly.

azmcs

Another thing, I know the 19 CH's will work on a lowered car. There is a guy here in AZ who posts on this forum that runs them with Eibach springs I believe.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Well, you live in Oregon, I'm sure potholes aren't a thing you are worried about on a daily basis, so at least you won't have to worry too much about them getting bent and such.

Don't ask us, pick what YOU like lol.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
azmcs said:
Offset is pretty much independent of the specific wheel. Does have some relationship to width, in that if you go narrower like an 8" vs 8.5" you have 12mm more (or 6mm per side of the mounting surface, given the same offset) to work with.

Bottom line, if you are gonna lower the car, I would not go less than ET40 and if you are going with known wide tires like KDW's or 8.5" rims I would go more lkie ET42 or up. Stock is ET51 if I remember correctly.

Yea but i thought the RSGT dont make in the correct offset for GTI...but looks awesome with the Red thou:thumbup:

GTI2007

fletcher8969 said:
Where do you find out how much wheels weigh? I've look aroud and have a hard time find the info.

How much do RS-GT weigh vs CH? At 18? At 19?

The RS-GT is only available in 19" in the US.

The 19 x 8.5 RS-GT weigh 21.5 lbs while the 18 x 8 CH weighs 23.2 lbs and the 19 x 8 CH weights 24.3 lbs.