GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio Intake

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Supposed to be available by February 06. It uses a foam filter not a pleated filter for better air flow. Not really sure what the performance numbers are going to look like but only time will tell.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
MarlonK911 said:
Hopefully they'll be able to show some dyno #'s in a well controlled environement. Its the carbon fiber part + floam filter?

Until they come out with it and a neutral party does a before and after dyno run, we won't know true numbers. Yes it's the carbon fibre part and a foam filter somwhere under the engine cover I think.

kazyce

Ready to race!
sphinxgq said:
i hope they make it soon..the neuspeed intake is horrible

Do you have the neuspeed intake in your car already? I'm amazed anybody has any mods for this car already its not event officially for sale. :D

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
sphinxgq, is right. The neuspeed intake involves removing the Engine cover and using the traditional short ram intake with tubing approach. Carbonio actually put some thought into theirs.

kazyce

Ready to race!
MAlby7 said:
sphinxgq, is right. The neuspeed intake involves removing the Engine cover and using the traditional short ram intake with tubing approach. Carbonio actually put some thought into theirs.

Tubing approach? Sounds like the neuspeed actually moves the location of the air intake from where that carbon fiber carbonio intake is to somewhere else (maybe lower in the grill)?

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
wow sounds really nice and loks even better well is that the only 2 intakes that they have came out with for this car?