GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Trial

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Well i got the Free APR trial for $25....damn Chris Green lol but anyway, at first i didn't like it and then it adapted and holy shnikeys. can u say fast. he doesn't have a dyno so i'm guessing 235-240hp. w/ the chip, i raced a Mustang GT 04 body style and he was stock, it was at a 3rd gear roll from 2500 rpms, and i pulled a car immediately and he let off. this is fun, but i'm gonna get the real chip from Revo since it is $100 cheaper.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
wtf, why would you pay 25 for a "free trial" i didnt have to pay.
and yea, it takes a little time to adapt to the difference, but youll like it.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
wtf, why would you pay 25 for a "free trial" i didnt have to pay.
and yea, it takes a little time to adapt to the difference, but youll like it.

exactly what i meant....the $25 was 4 installation. 20 minutes on a lap top is a lot of work.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
i think APR pays them to do it for free...

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Revo has a free trial too go check them out if that is what you plan on doing. I had a free revo trial (and I didn't have to pay anthing for it and the guy did some vag stuff for me for free at the same time, offered to throw him some cash but he said nope) and it was awesome!!!!!! But atm I am trying to forget what it was like, I don't know how my dealer would react to chiping, so its kinda go me craping in my pants to buy the soft wear and I don't know what the laws are like in Canada for dealers trying to take away your warranty.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
it should be free hence APR FREE TRIAL

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
well there is a price difference for a reason...

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
whats the reason?

I think that APR has put a little bit more into the concealment of their ecu programing to the dealer Vag Com, also doesn't APR come with the stock and the specific octane program at no extra charge, where revo you have to buy a flash loader to switch between the 2 and the cheapest one for the MKV is $230 and the other one is $400 and some (this one you can actually fine tune your turbo and some other things with your computer before flash loading it to your ect, so you can have one settin for the track one setting for daily driving, and your stock setting). Whew........ APR also has no need for a flash loader, they will upload the APR and stock ECU programing to your ECU (as well as their security lock out valet ect ect if you so choose to have thoes options). You control wich setting is loaded to the ECU through your cruise control stalk. Also from what I have read REVO has a more aggresive map than the APR programing does, meaning that REVO will produce more power but will also be harder on your engine than the APR will. In the end its way way way too hard to say who is better. Wich is probably why most peoples consensus is that you should just go to the closest shop to where you live regardless of APR, GIAC, or REVO. Now that my finger are bleeding all over the key board I am done!

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I got my APR trial for free o_0. There's not much labor considering it's plugging a laptop into your car and twiddling your thumbs.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I think that APR has put a little bit more into the concealment of their ecu programing to the dealer Vag Com, also doesn't APR come with the stock and the specific octane program at no extra charge,

Well with APR you only get one setting for $599, if you want two (say stock and another program) its $749. If you want stock, 93 and race settings you'll be lookin at $818. Then if you want the security lockout your lookin at $877.

If you went with Revo with Select Plus which lets you tune in to your specific car, you'd be looking at $848. If you just want the selectability feature you would be looking at $798 for Revo Select.

I personally really like what I have seen on the Giac X+ but I'm going to try a Revo demo this weekend just to see. :wink:

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Revo was fun while it was on my ride I have to admit!

I am also of the thinking that you should have a Vag Com as well as a boost gauge minimum if you are going to have your car chiped. At the very least know somone who has a vag com that way if you ever need to go in and have engine work done under warranty you can switch it back to stock programing and go in with the vag com and get rid of your boots records and any other encriminating evidence that you have your ecu re programed. At least that was my thinking on the whole situation if it were ever to arrise. Still torn about getting chiped at the moment, descided to take themoney I had to do it and put it into suspension parts for the time being.

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed
Well with APR you only get one setting for $599, if you want two (say stock and another program) its $749. If you want stock, 93 and race settings you'll be lookin at $818. Then if you want the security lockout your lookin at $877.

If you went with Revo with Select Plus which lets you tune in to your specific car, you'd be looking at $848. If you just want the selectability feature you would be looking at $798 for Revo Select.

I personally really like what I have seen on the Giac X+ but I'm going to try a Revo demo this weekend just to see. :wink:

This is correct. But GIAC adds up aswell. X-Chip 550, flashloader 150, race 100, stock 50, privacy 50. Your total is 900!! You'd be better off with REVO. All you need is SPS plus and have complete control you can tune it conservative for everyday or aggressive for you track days....and its less money. Thats why i went with REVO.