GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where was your Mk5 made:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
You can tell whereabouts a Mk V was manufactured from the 11th character of the chassis number. For example, a "W" in WVWZZZ1KZ5W888888 would indicate that the Mk V was manufactured in Wolfsburg, Germany. Other codes are:

W: Wolfsburg, Germany
U: South Africa

Dude123

Oval Champion
Cool. When my arrives in May, it better say "W" for Wolfsburg.

loft

Ready to race!
Its all the same, some VWs are made in Mexico and they are fine too. Its all about them being engineered by a bunch of germans with their intolerance to any deviation from mathematecal perfection. As long as the engineers are german thats all that is important.

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
No worries cause south african car plants like the one that makes the 3 series has great reputations for quality! Either way it looks like we can't go wrong.

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
My car was made in Mexico (MKIII) and its nothing but trouble! My MKII was made in Germany and that thing was a tank!!!

99swift99

Go Kart Champion
todeshandler said:
My mk5 GTI assembled in Germany and my mk5 jetta in Mexico

wow MK5 GTI and JETTA! :thumbup:

Any problems with your Jetta at all? Is there any truth to what people think about cars assembled in mexico having more problems?

sarge1

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Das_Meister said:
My car was made in Mexico (MKIII) and its nothing but trouble! My MKII was made in Germany and that thing was a tank!!!
hey my mk3 was made in mexico and it never failed since day 1 of owneship.
its not the place of assembly its the minds that engeneered it, but mexicos plants have been updated alot and are closely watch for quality assurance.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
AlphAZender said:
I still want mine made in Germany. Didnt the Mexican plant go on strike a few years back? I don't want angry mexicans making my car.

:laughabove: No worries, all GTI's are made in Wolfsburg, Germany. :thumbsup:

avante

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!

There are two other possibilities where the Golf can be produced in Europe:
- Mosel/Germany
- Brussels/Belgium