GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need help choosing coche...

drbubble33

Drag Racing Champion
cant decide which would be better the 3 or the 5 door. and also UG or CW. i plan to mod it a tad bit. i kinda like the 5 door cause it makes it easier for people to get in the back if i ever decide to carry peeps.

any comments or suggestions and pros/cons are welcome.
thanks.

m-avant

VAG+M3=awesomes
the 5 door will be a bit more practical than the 3 door. the CW will be easier to keep clean IMO - less hassle. the UG is a great color, specially in the 5 door.

here are some pics 2 get u started :)

bonzgti

Cause you don't know
go with the UG 5 door.. so much cooler than our played cw.. if i could go back 3 months in time, i would totally get a different color.. ie. t-red.. beautiful color.. especially if i had known that the cw would be so fuckin played and that everyone would buy it:mad:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
CW is a hassle... and UG is just sexy. I never liked white cars, no offense. :redface: That was my 2nd option. I have a 2007 BMP 5-door. It's so much better and easier, and yes for carrying passengers, or just extra cargo. :drool: As Starsky would say, DO IT. :thumbsup:

Here's a few pics of mine from last week. Just got a tint today too.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
in the end you have to get what YOU want and what your gut says. everyones gonna have an opinion on what they would get, but its YOUR car you need to make that choice. everyone has a reason why they get a 3dr or 5dr, price, looks, etc...

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
go with the UG 5 door.. so much cooler than our played cw.. if i could go back 3 months in time, i would totally get a different color.. ie. t-red.. beautiful color.. especially if i had known that the cw would be so fuckin played and that everyone would buy it:mad:

yeah, go with your instinct. except for bonzgti's case... it happens. :iono: it's always better to get other people's perspectives though... helps a lot.

drbubble33

Drag Racing Champion
yea i just wanted to see what other people had to say about the 3 door vs the 5 door. does the 5 door make the gti look any less sporty? and does the extra doors make the car less rigid or have a longer wheel base?

Maseroche

Ready to race!
I would have preferred a two door but the dealer was out of stock and only had two five-door GTIs' in stock, a CW and a BMP so I went for the BMP.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
not too keen on white. it just tries to stand out too much. whereas the grey is the opposite, bit too dull.

so get silver. good combination of both.

celldweller

Office Linebacker
Since opinions were asked for... mine is on order, and it is 3 dr, UG. I was originally totally set on CW, but dealer had a CW that had package 1 on it that I got to test drive. I didn't take it because of the package, but once we parked and I was going around the car to check it out real good and close, I was seeing any and all little black or dirt specks on it from the road... because it was CW. It drove me nuts. That made the decision for me. I completely disagree to the statement that CW would be the easiest to keep clean. I've had white cars too and that was totally not the case.

I have a silver car now and for nearly always looking clean, it's fantastic. But what steered me away from getting that was the big statistics showing how silver is by far the most popular car color in recent years. And at least around here you don't need statistics to see that for yourself. Silver is everywhere on every kind of car. I was just kind of tired of looking at it. For me, I liked all the colors of the GTI to be truthful. It was just a process of elimination on why I didn't like a particular one as much as another. Plus after seeing those wallpapers for the UG, I knew then that it was the one.

In the end though, they're right... you have to go with what YOU feel in your gut or which one you can see yourself in the most. Also, which one will you not be tired of 2 or 3 years from now. It's definitely going to be you that has to drive it around for 5 years or more. :smile:

...oh, and the 3 dr vs. 5 dr? I went with 3 because I think the 5 loses just a pinch of sportiness in my eyes. But again, everyone has an opinion...

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
UG all the way...although i don't want UG to get played out like CW..so go with RS!!! or TR!!! hehehehe

3dr...a real GTI....hehehe 5dr is nice and all, but are you expecting??

I got a 3dr because im not a taxi driver...tired of cleaning my rear after having people in the car...i don't care who they are if it is not their car, you are bound to have to clean it after shuttling some people around in the back!!!

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i agree w/ newtogolf...i have a 3dr CW and love it...no one barely sits in th back seat...i originally was going to get UG but the dealership had a CW manual PKG0 i drove it and fell in Love with the color. before i got my car i hated white but now that i have it i love white cars especially white BMW's and TC's...so in conclusion if u plan on having people in ur back seat alot then def. get the 5dr on as far as the color it all matters, white is def hard to clean and u have to keep up with the washing and waxing with the UG u can prlly get by a couple weeks with out washing...i think the CW and UG both look great with votex kit so u should def get that..I AM in spring...and another thing GO CW

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
im 18. no children for a while. but i do have some friends and family haha.

I'm 21, and I often carry friends or family around. I didn't want a 2 door because I didn't want to be hassled letting them in and out and possibly scratching my car that's why. I turn heads just as much as a 3door does. I even had two 3doors check out my car and it's not even dropped yet or anything. 3doors are in a sense a tad bit sporty because of the hatchback feel, but it's not a big difference. I figured 5doors would be more practical and useful on the long run since it's still a GTI, and not much different than a 3door, if not newer of course since it's a 2007. :smile: