GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i have good news!!

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
Well i had enough trying to guess about apr and there products so i had to call them today and find out about the carbonio intake and there chip.
The intake will consist of a high flow filter that connects to oem fitting (looks clean) the power gains they dont really know yet for sure and it will be around $280.
The APR chip though has a stageIII 100 octain and that puts out around
271HP and 321 lB/TQ SWEET!!!
They are coming out with a turbo kit for it that will bring the car to about
450HP.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Hmm, 450HP and daily driver. WOW! Wonder what the MPG on the HWY would be? And how to keep the rubber on the ground?

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Wild Hare said:
Hmm, 450HP and daily driver. WOW! Wonder what the MPG on the HWY would be? And how to keep the rubber on the ground?

17" x 10" tires is the only thing I can think of! Thats insane... would really piss off my WRX/ SRT4 friends.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
I really wanted to have the DSG, being able to hold 300+ tq is the only reason i stay away.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Hello.This is my first post.Got a question tho.With all that power from the stage 3 chip would it be absolutly recomended to use 100 octane?

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
if you have the 100 octane option on the car and you want to get the power from it then yea u need to put 100octane but if u dont want to then u can simply switch the chip over to 93

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
the dsg may be able to handle it. these sequental transmissions are use in rally cars and are built to take a beating, im sure it could take about 350+ at least maybe new clutches though...

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
AxMan said:
the dsg may be able to handle it. these sequental transmissions are use in rally cars and are built to take a beating, im sure it could take about 350+ at least maybe new clutches though...

Do you know anybody that would know how to do that though? :laugh:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
actually now that i think of it those rally cars are super crazy and yea they do take a really bad beating with shifting... i now agree that the dsg might be able to handle 350+ torque

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Yes true, but the transmission alone in a WRC rally car cost around $50-70k where as our whole car is 22-30k depending on options. Sequential transmissions CAN take 350 tq, if it's built to. Only way anyone is going to find out is to actually do it. I wouldnt be surprised if the DSG could do it though.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
well i called carbonio yesterday to find some better info on there product and they were telling me that they tested it against the p-flow and there were its ups and downs.
The carbonio intake would have a longer duration of power through out the rev band consistently were the p-flow eventually starts to lose power because the drag of hot air into the motor. there for thats why carbonio is better and also because you dont have to take off you engine cover to run a carbonio setup and it will be warenteed at vw dealers hopfully soon around the U.S. because of its stock looking and well thought idea.
they say seeing anywere from 10-12 hp extra
$279 taking orders at apr but there on back order i guess so.

i think my $280 is going to go to carbonio for a safe and good intake

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
^Thanks for the info^ For those questions about DSG. HPA motorsports has a couple of project cars with twin turbo 550 horse motors running what seems to be stock 4-motion DSG. Anybody know about upgrades for the trans.? Is the DSG offered with 4-motion different/better?