GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Programs you use for mp3 cd.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
dmclone said:
On newely purchased AAC's from Itunes? I've yet to find a program that can convert AAC's that have been purchased through Itunes in the last 6 months. I've found a progrma that will convert all the others but not the latest protected files from Itunes. I love my Ipod and Itunes but they don't make it easy.

You have to burn it as an audio cd, then re-import as a mp3.

dmclone

Oval Champion
Yeah that's what I'm talking about which is a real pain when you have thousands of songs and you have to go through this process.

Burn 30 or so songs in Itunes to a CD which puts them into WMA format
Take those off the CD and put on your HD
Convert from WMA to MP3

Then repeat process 300 or so times.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
dmclone said:
Yeah that's what I'm talking about which is a real pain when you have thousands of songs and you have to go through this process.

Burn 30 or so songs in Itunes to a CD which puts them into WMA format
Take those off the CD and put on your HD
Convert from WMA to MP3

Then repeat process 300 or so times.

I have to agree with you completely--it is a pain in the a**. and all the programs that I have seen to convert AAC to mp3 work for a while, until Apple releases a new version of iTunes, which seems like every other week . . . . .

I have stopped using iTunes to burn mp3 disks. It's just easier to use the finder to drag the mp3 folder from my itunes music folder directly to the cd, and then burn (though I will admit to peeking back at iTunes on occasion). But then, I have never really been big on playlists anyway.

so far, I have burned about 20 cd's, each with around 10 albums or so (I use VBR when improting, so the files end up being larger). Who needs an iPod?:laugh:

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
If you have windows XP, it's already got a built in burner. I have my songs organized by Artist and then organized further by album. From Explorer, I just right click on the album that I want and click on Send to CD-RW. You can also use mediaplayer.

GTI689

Oval Champion
I have windows XP and it came with a program called "Record Now" check and see if you have it, it works real good and is very easy to use

amir

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know of any programs within which you can elimnate the 2 second pause between tracks like you can with an audio CD. I listen to a lot of mixed music (House, Trance) and its so annoying when DJ Tiesto is mixing and it cuts off for 2 seconds between the tracks! Tried Nero and Acoustics But neither is doin!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

onthevirg

Oval Champion
I'm using Nero as well, anyone know of a way to "shuffle" the files you drag over for recording? I know I can do this on the HU...but I'd like to have the disc already shuffled so I could just blow through it from start to finish. Tried doing this with Musicmatch, but it didn't work out correctly, at least not on the first disc I tried.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Roxio. or the windows software.

amir said:
Anyone know of any programs within which you can elimnate the 2 second pause between tracks like you can with an audio CD. I listen to a lot of mixed music (House, Trance) and its so annoying when DJ Tiesto is mixing and it cuts off for 2 seconds between the tracks! Tried Nero and Acoustics But neither is doin!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:
mp3trim pro.

costs about 100$ but worth it. I filter all my music saves space too. When you have 120gb's of mp3's you got to save every bit of space you can.

katie

Autocross Champion
I use Toast but I think I'm going to give iTunes a try cause the cd I burned isnt playing in my car. I have navi, any ideas if it's mp3 cd compatible?

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
A good freeware program for ripping CDs to MP3s is Audiograbber. Lots of features, even connects to frredb.org to automatically download song titles etc.
Alos if you have existing MP3s that you want to change the ID tags on suggest usings another freeware programs called Eags on!
Ther are lots of freeware out there that do essentially the same thing.:biggrin:

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
amir said:
Nero can remove that.

Before you hit burn there's an option to remove the 2 second pause.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
You can also choose the space time in ITunes. Just tossing another choice out there. Everybody likes choices!!

amir

Go Kart Champion
i know what your talking about as far as nero goes but the option to remove it is only for audio cds. It is not available as an option on mp3's. There is no way to do it using nero as far as i can gather. I need a burner that you can eliminate the pause when burning an mp3 disc.

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
I think you mean the leading and trailing silence for each track? Audiograbber does this under its general settings tab. However, you may will still have a slight pause while the new track loads. See image below.
If what you want to do is record a whole album as a one single "large" MP3 track then this is more dificult.
What you probably need is to record the entire album as a big wav file then convert it to a big MP3 file.
There are a number of freeware programs that will probably do this. For example DCART32 will past wave files together. But is a pain in the :moon: if you have a number of tracks to do.

Attachments

• Audiograbber.JPG
    Audiograbber.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 170