GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse sound (manual)

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
do you guys find it hard to put it in reverse?
it either doesnt go in props or makes a sort of crunching noise...:eyebulge:

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
What I have found with the Golf's, the MKV and previous versions, is that if you go to engage reverse and it wont then dont keep trying it as more often than not it wont engage or it will crunch...simply put it back into neutral, foot off clutch, back on again and usually works fine. Not sure why but seems to be common on them and yeah you can hear it engage as discussed on another thread.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i think i get this problem on my car but i dont notice cos im so used to it. have had this problem on all manual cars ive driven.

maybe it happens 10% of the time. not sure tho.

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
My last two Hondas required a shit to neutral, engage clutch, disengage clutch, shift to reverse method... It became a habit...

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
bennylenny88 said:
do you guys find it hard to put it in reverse?
it either doesnt go in props or makes a sort of crunching noise...:eyebulge:

You're engaging the gear correctly, aren't you? IIRC it's push downwards on the stick in neutral, before engaging reverse... otherwise you'd be forcing it through the gate which would account for it not being seated correctly or making a "crunching" noise.
Sorry if you are doing that, it's just that that's what it not seating properly or crunching implies to me... my brother was doing something similar in his Polo before I showed him how!