GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Creaking noise from chassis?

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
Hey i just cant believe it i have the exact same problem with my car since new and my car is at the dealers for it's nineth day and they cannot figure it out. They have replaced spring, shock, steering rack and still at very low speeds when i turn left or right there is a noise which sounds like somethings snaps for a brief moment. I dont know if that's the same noise we are talking about here but it's getting really frustrating since i dont have my car for 9 days now and i've already been 5 times to the dealers before this. Last time i gave them my car and said if they cannot fix it in 45 days i want my money back.

rcnu71299: I think they have already replaced strut mount but im not sure for the bearings? if you could explain me more i would be grateful.

this is what they wrote on the explanation:

The strut top bearing sticking, causing spring to pop sporadically. Replaced strut top bearing and bushings on both sides.

Part no. 1K0-412-331-B Mounting
Part no. 6N0-412-249-C Bearing

Hope this helps

ftj

Passed Driver's Ed
I've called the delaer and he says they have already changed that twice? They are gonna change the steering rack again and we'll see if that will solve it.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
A few in the UK have the same noise. They've been sorted now and all turned out to be the sway bar (ARB) bushes.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
If you feel the click under your feet..Its def loosen sub-fram blots..Happened to me and got it fixed at the dealer

Stockgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
i have a crazy idea, maybe you can disconnect the front sway bar and test the car over, go through speedbumps, in and out driveways. I believe the noise is from the swaybar.

kenrsx04

I brought my car to the dealer this morning. I just got a call and say my car is really to pickup. The mechanic told me that the subframe is rubbing the main frame. So he put a pressure washer between them. I hope this will fix it.

Pickuped my car, the popping noise is gone.

Last edited:

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
I took mine in too, they tightened the subframe bolts and its gone at this moment.

Holy fuckballs I was pissed when I picked up my car. I'm anal about the way it looks, and clean it religiously, so I know where all imperfections are on the entire car. Well I now have a ding on the right front fender, and the drivers door painted molding is chipped. I picked it up while it was raining, couldn't see anything, as I was driving off it stopped raining by the time I got home all the streets, car everything was dry (90f+ today). I pulled into the car port, got out, looked over it saw the damage and went straight back to the dealer. Said they would make note of it and have it repaired when I come back for my sunglass holder (had to order it, wouldn't stay shut). Still calling the manager tomorrow to make sure because he wasn't there at 5:30. I kept my calm though, but I could have killed someone.

TanK29

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!
Car(s)
08 UG GTI 6MT
If you feel the click under your feet..Its def loosen sub-fram blots..Happened to me and got it fixed at the dealer

im hearing a clicking noise everytime i shift out of 1st and i also feel vibration in the clutch when the A/C is on. Also the rpms drop really fast and the shift jerky when the A/C is on.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
I took mine in too, they tightened the subframe bolts and its gone at this moment.

Holy fuckballs I was pissed when I picked up my car. I'm anal about the way it looks, and clean it religiously, so I know where all imperfections are on the entire car. Well I now have a ding on the right front fender, and the drivers door painted molding is chipped. I picked it up while it was raining, couldn't see anything, as I was driving off it stopped raining by the time I got home all the streets, car everything was dry (90f+ today). I pulled into the car port, got out, looked over it saw the damage and went straight back to the dealer. Said they would make note of it and have it repaired when I come back for my sunglass holder (had to order it, wouldn't stay shut). Still calling the manager tomorrow to make sure because he wasn't there at 5:30. I kept my calm though, but I could have killed someone.

better than coming back to the dealer to see a tech coming back from a joyride in your car. :mad:

ftj

Passed Driver's Ed
So i finally picked my car after 2 weeks, they replaced steering column for the second time and the iritating noise is gone i just hope it won't emerge again :mad:

Myfast_GTI

Super User
I hit a possum shortly after I bought my car, inspected under it myself and saw no issues... fast forward to today... my car has been making that popping sound for some time, the dealer hasn't been able to pin point it because it's behaved every time that I've brought it in. Anyway, the dealer said that my plastic wheel well shrowd was broken and needed to be replaced... that was causing the sound... I am guessing the possum caused that, since I haven't hit anything else. I tell them fix it, $133 since it's not warranty, and I get a call, my car is done, but it's still making the sound for the tech... put a machine on it to pin point where it's coming from, and I need a new rack and pinion! Thank God for the warranty on that! I don't know how much that would cost, but I can guess it's not cheap! I kinda thought that plastic piece wasn't it, because I could feel it in the steering wheel, and through the floor. Rack and pinion seems to make more sense to me.