GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KMD FSI Fuel Pump Kit

importrepairguy

Head Breast Examiner
I'll have mine installed Friday and stage 2 (Big Power) Saturday - If my PCV fix from Eurojet show's up? - I'll nevertheless post my findings and opinion's. I have Boost, EGT & WideBand in the car, so I'll watch for differences as well as performance (seat-o-da-pants) I'll get some dyno time soon enough.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
nice

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Somebody or something must have distracted you mid post as it appears to be incomplete...:lol:....what news???

KMD has been very good about sharing information with me about thier new pump offerings.

First and foremost, this is not an AT pump in any way shape or form. This is a 100% KMD pump rebuild kit.

KMD has used hardened tool steel for the construction of its pump, the material and finishing decisions were to made to specifically combat expansion.

KMD will be offering a 1 year warranty on all the parts included in their kit.

In order to achieve the best possible performance from your fuel pump kit, its is important that you have the most updated factory fuel pump and also have your cam lobe inspected for any unusual wear.

The most updated part numbers for the factory fuel pump is 06F 127 025 J, pumps ending with H will also be ok. No warranty claims for earlier pump revisions will be accepted.

This part number is located on the black plastic sensor on the pump itself.

APR customers should be warned that APR's fuel pump programming is extremely aggressive and may lead to a failure of the fuel pump. This is an "at your own risk" scenario. the non fuel pump specific software is not as aggressive and therefore can be used with the same confidence as other programs.

KMD has also released 40% larger FSI injectors, these injectors have currently supported over 400whp on an FSI motor and will very shortly be making there way into my car.

My opinion...I still dont know what to think. No matter what we are all going to guinea pigs on some level. Theyve got 8 months and thousands of miles on their test cars. Ive uploaded the parts to the site, theres no way to know for sure without trying.

-Phill
http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=833

Last edited:

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
interesting....

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.
KMD has been very good about sharing information with me about thier new pump offerings.

First and foremost, this is not an AT pump in any way shape or form. This is a 100% KMD pump rebuild kit.

KMD has used hardened tool steel for the construction of its pump, the material and finishing decisions were to made to specifically combat expansion.

KMD will be offering a 1 year warranty on all the parts included in their kit.

In order to achieve the best possible performance from your fuel pump kit, its is important that you have the most updated factory fuel pump and also have your cam lobe inspected for any unusual wear.

The most updated part numbers for the factory fuel pump is 06F 127 025 J, pumps ending with H will also be ok. No warranty claims for earlier pump revisions will be accepted.

This part number is located on the black plastic sensor on the pump itself.

APR customers should be warned that APR's fuel pump programming is extremely aggressive and may lead to a failure of the fuel pump. This is an "at your own risk" scenario. the non fuel pump specific software is not as aggressive and therefore can be used with the same confidence as other programs.

KMD has also released 40% larger FSI injectors, these injectors have currently supported over 400whp on an FSI motor and will very shortly be making there way into my car.

My opinion...I still dont know what to think. No matter what we are all going to guinea pigs on some level. Theyve got 8 months and thousands of miles on their test cars. Ive uploaded the parts to the site, theres no way to know for sure without trying.

-Phill
http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=833

What exactly makes the pump fail? Is it requesting too much and the pump not being able to push it to the injectors? Is there too much back pressure on the lines waiting for fuel to be injected? Would larger injectors help prevent failure?

I wonder if APR can 'turn down' their FP software to help prevent failure.

KMD is simply stating that they do not support anyone using APR software with their pump as they don't believe it will hold up.

Sounds like they're just trying to cover their own asses.

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.
KMD is simply stating that they do not support anyone using APR software with their pump as they don't believe it will hold up.

Sounds like they're just trying to cover their own asses.

Or maybe APR is just asking too much out of HPFPs.