Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Let me know you final timing advance with this setup

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So your tune is on the way? If you need help with logs I am happy to help.
Yeah you will have to go for a ride in this beast now.

Yes there getting a shipment of controllers in this week! That would be great, ill def need some help with logs & I'll probably have Chris do my injectors just to feel comfortable, after that I'll send you an email and see if we can get some logs going ?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
Hey GIACUser, a little bit off topic here but how long did you have to drive your car when you put the stock DP on went for smog? I failed readiness last Saturday and checked with my VAG Com cable and says "catalyst monitoring: failed or incomplete". I've driven the car for about 200 miles now since, re-checked readiness and still the same message.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Hey GIACUser, a little bit off topic here but how long did you have to drive your car when you put the stock DP on went for smog? I failed readiness last Saturday and checked with my VAG Com cable and says "catalyst monitoring: failed or incomplete". I've driven the car for about 200 miles now since, re-checked readiness and still the same message.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184645
it should not take 200 miles.

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!

Give me your file name and I'll check to see what we did with it. It may be a cat delete file.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
I switched back to stock tune before I went for smog, shouldn't be tune related right? I forgot to mention, I passed emissions and visual check. Anyway PM send you my info.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

You need to go into VCSD and "set" readiness before you go for testing. This is the process

If you do it right it will come out like this and you just save.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
^ I'll try this. thanks!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
^ I'll try this. thanks!

Although the instructions are not perfect be sure you click the On button when you start the calibration process. If your motor revs to redline you didn't start the calibration. The calibration process will take you to the set readiness page where the on/off button is in top right quadrant, make sure you click that first. Motor rpm will be mild and will be governed by the calibration process even though you have both pedals (brake and gas) to the floor.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
yeah that's what I thought. I'll try to do what GIACuser did and report back.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door